16. Kevin Magnussen 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
18. Carlos Sainz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
19. Marcus Ericsson 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
20. Charles Leclerc 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 152
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:59 am 

Zoue wrote:

well given that I'm the one that originally disputed voting for Hamilton in this instance, I'm guessing you might be referring to me. But I don't believe I have rubbished Hamilton, other than to say that on this occasion he drove poorly - I'm wondering why that should be something that's not allowed -, while I have also expressed similar surprise for votes cast for Kimi in the past. Strangely, though, that never seems to attract the same (or indeed any) levels of righteous indignation.

No, I'm not referring to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 pm 

shoot999 wrote:
Zoue wrote:

well given that I'm the one that originally disputed voting for Hamilton in this instance, I'm guessing you might be referring to me. But I don't believe I have rubbished Hamilton, other than to say that on this occasion he drove poorly - I'm wondering why that should be something that's not allowed -, while I have also expressed similar surprise for votes cast for Kimi in the past. Strangely, though, that never seems to attract the same (or indeed any) levels of righteous indignation.

yes I've reread your post and I believe I completely misunderstood it, my apologies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:07 pm 

Zoue wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Zoue wrote:

yes I've reread your post and I believe I completely misunderstood it, my apologies

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 pm 

mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
1. Magnussen was ahead and on the inside while entering the braking zone.

1. You're wrong

Well if you're going to prove I'm wrong I expect to see a still of the drivers entering the braking zone instead of midway in the braking zone, especially when Vettel is going the long way around and automatically would carry more speed deeper into the corner.

Shall I post the still of just a fraction of time before yours?

(And why repeat that "1"? That was me correcting your statement that he lost two places on that corner)

The evidence is right there in the photo mds.

What next? You are going to say i photoshopped Vettel's car to make it look like he is ahead of Magnusson? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:29 am 

davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
1. Magnussen was ahead and on the inside while entering the braking zone.

1. You're wrong

Well if you're going to prove I'm wrong I expect to see a still of the drivers entering the braking zone instead of midway in the braking zone, especially when Vettel is going the long way around and automatically would carry more speed deeper into the corner.

Shall I post the still of just a fraction of time before yours?

(And why repeat that "1"? That was me correcting your statement that he lost two places on that corner)

The evidence is right there in the photo mds.

What exactly in my post did you not understand to come up with this reply? What part of "entering" and "midway" don't you understand? What part of the following subclause don't you understand?
I'm fully willing to cooperate in this discussion but you're first going to have to actually read what's written because you clearly didn't.

edit: but OK, once again for clarity: Vettel did not lose a place in that corner to Magnussen since Magnussen was ahead on the entire stretch that preceded it, Magnussen was ahead on the inside while entering the braking zone and Vettel only pulled "ahead" by going longer, which wouldn't have resulted in gaining a place either way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 pm 

Vettel was ahead going into the braking zone.

He got out of shape mid corner and lost 2 positions as a result.

It's really not very difficult to understand mds.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:42 am 

davidheath461 wrote:
That's some strange reasoning. Why do you think it was a Hamilton problem, and not Mercedes having a problem with the softs?

There's no real way to know if the tyre troubles were a Hamilton problem or a Mercedes problem since we wern't able to see how Bottas performed on the softs.

https://youtu.be/Dhx9ymV9WeQ?t=1536

"We don't have tyre problems in general. The last race obviously I was pushing the tyres way over the limit trying to recover position, and that was just down to me, not down to our car being worse on the tyres." - Hamilton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 am 

davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel was ahead going into the braking zone.

He was not. See below, and know that even this moment is too late because they're already braking at that point (except no earlier good video available, he would be further behind thant his when they actually start braking).