planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5020
emb1496 wrote:
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

If you have digital cable, use your search feature and look for "Formula 1" during the time when the race takes place. The race was on a channel I have literally never watched this last weekend...

On a side note, if there is anyone in the US that is using the F1 TV app, can you please let me know the following:

1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8029
Excuse me if I slip in a related question. Anyone (I'm in UK but think it not relent) know what 'player' it is suposed to use?

I cannot get the replays or archive to run. Screen stays blank, no prompt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 420
emb1496 wrote:
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

Take it up with your local ABC affiliate!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 939
numerous times espn drops the ball with labeling the channels with the correct title causing the dvr not to record practice or live races. Which is the main issue i have come across. I have been watching practice sessions on the espn app via my ps4.

Idk what cable provider you have but unfortunately you might want to start using the espn app or using another network that also televises the race (ex different language network)

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Last edited by Mayhem on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 583
Location: Michigan, USA
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

_________________
Top Three: 7 wins, 23 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 5th [8th]
Pick 10: 1 win, 7 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 2nd
Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 10 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 10th | 2018: 10th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2428
Location: England
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.


Surely the answer here is to plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via HDMI and just fullscreen watch it that way? It's a bit of a ballache but I do it for (entirely legal) films and stuff from time to time.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 1st | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23220
Flash2k11 wrote:
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.


Surely the answer here is to plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via HDMI and just fullscreen watch it that way? It's a bit of a ballache but I do it for (entirely legal) films and stuff from time to time.
Yes, that's what I used to do when watching NOW TV from Sky. Or get something like a Chromecast and maybe stream to the TV wirelessly using that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 528
Location: illinois
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5020
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I need to have this thing be able to stream through the TV without having to hook up a laptop. Once they have a proper streaming capability for smart TVs/Playstations/ect., I'm in. It's good to know that you can actually watch the races from the onboard cams. Just need it on the TV.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2428
Location: England
sandman1347 wrote:
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I need to have this thing be able to stream through the TV without having to hook up a laptop. Once they have a proper streaming capability for smart TVs/Playstations/ect., I'm in. It's good to know that you can actually watch the races from the onboard cams. Just need it on the TV.


Perhaps there is a way to do it with something like Plex? I only use it to stream ancient TV programs that i've got saved on my PC but i'm sure i've heard elsewhere that there is a way to stream a live feed with it, same with something like chromecast. I don't know how the F1 online app thing actually works otherwise i'd be able to help further :-((

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 1st | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 218
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
If you have WIFI available, pick-up a older model (2017) or new ROKU streaming stick. I've thrown out 3 cable set top boxes and gotten these as replacements. The ROKU has access to ALL the ESPN channels (ESPN3, ESPNEWS, ESPN2), which carry all the live practice sessions, Qualificaiton, and the Race, even F2 races. Plus you can watch replay events on demand.

The race on ROKU is tape delayed while the regular ESPN or ABC channel carries it live, but I think that's SKY Sports' agreement with ESPN, not a ROKU situation. Anyway, you can watch more F1 than you can tolerate with ROKU.

_________________
Short-time member, Life-Long Fan from 1965 -- More than 550 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm
Posts: 345
pc27b wrote:
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


I couldn't disagree more with this comment.

While I miss my Matchett, Hobbs and Buxton - the ESPN2 coverage has been excellent, especially when I'm allowed to watch flag to flag coverage "commercial" free (even the British non-stop commentary from the Sky team, although seeming a bit lite in the loafers ain't unbearable as they do a good job of keeping us up on the technical aspects of F1)

FWIW - I watch on Direct TV and when one picks "F1 racing" on this venue my TV records the program no matter what channel it views on....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 528
Location: illinois
F1nut wrote:
pc27b wrote:
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


I couldn't disagree more with this comment.

While I miss my Matchett, Hobbs and Buxton - the ESPN2 coverage has been excellent, especially when I'm allowed to watch flag to flag coverage "commercial" free (even the British non-stop commentary from the Sky team, although seeming a bit lite in the loafers ain't unbearable as they do a good job of keeping us up on the technical aspects of F1)

FWIW - I watch on Direct TV and when one picks "F1 racing" on this venue my TV records the program no matter what channel it views on....



well, we disagree, lol. when the coverage is supposed to be on one channel and it changes, we don't record f1. when qually is cut off before the end, that stinks. when we can't see the post race celebration/interviews....ridiculous, not excellent, at least to me

yes, of course, no commercials is a welcome change. espn2 had no choice though, they had to do it because the coverage was so disjointed, with the commentators never knowing the usa audience cut away.

as discussed above, the espn app or whatever it is, holds no appeal to me. i'm not watching f1 on my phone or tablet. hopefully liberty gets it figured out for next season


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6289
Location: Nebraska, USA
pc27b wrote:
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


Agreed!

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1802
Location: Miami, Florida
pc27b wrote:
F1nut wrote:
pc27b wrote:
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


I couldn't disagree more with this comment.

While I miss my Matchett, Hobbs and Buxton - the ESPN2 coverage has been excellent, especially when I'm allowed to watch flag to flag coverage "commercial" free (even the British non-stop commentary from the Sky team, although seeming a bit lite in the loafers ain't unbearable as they do a good job of keeping us up on the technical aspects of F1)

FWIW - I watch on Direct TV and when one picks "F1 racing" on this venue my TV records the program no matter what channel it views on....



well, we disagree, lol. when the coverage is supposed to be on one channel and it changes, we don't record f1. when qually is cut off before the end, that stinks. when we can't see the post race celebration/interviews....ridiculous, not excellent, at least to me

yes, of course, no commercials is a welcome change. espn2 had no choice though, they had to do it because the coverage was so disjointed, with the commentators never knowing the usa audience cut away.

as discussed above, the espn app or whatever it is, holds no appeal to me. I'm not watching f1 on my phone or tablet. hopefully liberty gets it figured out for next season

If you have a PS3/4 or Xbox you can DL the app on those and play on your TV in full HD. it is just as good as anything else. That's how I watched the first race since the coverage for first race was a bit messed up. It was flawless.

_________________
HAMILTON :: ALONSO :: VETTEL :: RAIKKONEN :: RICCIARDO :: VERSTAPPEN
BOTTAS :: MAGNUSSEN :: OCON :: SAINZ :: PEREZ :: VANDOORNE :: HULKENBERG
GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: ERICSON :: LECLERC :: STROLL :: SEROTKIN :: HARTLEY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 528
Location: illinois
thanks, but we don't have any gaming systems.
i am hoping next season liberty gets the usa audience our own commentators again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1802
Location: Miami, Florida
I don't think that will be happening, and I sincerely hope it never does for the simple fact that the way it is currently means they cannot cut away to commercials ever 45 seconds the way they did on NBC Sports! When it was on Speed there were about half the amount of breaks and that I could live with. But on NBC Sports it was downright torturous at times how they'd come back for 4-5 laps and then break again and then every 3 or 4 breaks they'd do the annoying split screen so you can see the action "Non-Stop" just so the commercial could play and annoy you anyway.

If they do create a US broadcast team, it will be just like that all over again. So thanks, but NO THANKS!!!
I like the way it currently is just fine!!!

Unless they bring in Matchett and Hobbo (he cracks me up like no other), and make Buxton the Anchor, or even Varsha (it seems Fox isn't letting Varsha go any time soon) and take half the breaks NBC did, Don't change a thing.


As for the App, Many Smart TV's (not sure if you have one) and cable providers will allow you to download the app so you don't actually need a gaming system. My Samsung TV allows me to DL apps but I haven't looked to see if the ESPN App is available, but when I get a chance I will check and if not I will see if my DirecTV boxes either have the App pre-loaded or allow me to DL it.

_________________
HAMILTON :: ALONSO :: VETTEL :: RAIKKONEN :: RICCIARDO :: VERSTAPPEN
BOTTAS :: MAGNUSSEN :: OCON :: SAINZ :: PEREZ :: VANDOORNE :: HULKENBERG
GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: ERICSON :: LECLERC :: STROLL :: SEROTKIN :: HARTLEY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 5020
Flash2k11 wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I need to have this thing be able to stream through the TV without having to hook up a laptop. Once they have a proper streaming capability for smart TVs/Playstations/ect., I'm in. It's good to know that you can actually watch the races from the onboard cams. Just need it on the TV.


Perhaps there is a way to do it with something like Plex? I only use it to stream ancient TV programs that i've got saved on my PC but i'm sure i've heard elsewhere that there is a way to stream a live feed with it, same with something like chromecast. I don't know how the F1 online app thing actually works otherwise i'd be able to help further :-((

I'm kind of trying to stay away from convoluted rigged up work-arounds. It's a matter of time before the app is available for smart TVs and game consoles (just like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, etc.). Once the app is available in this more polished form, I will take the plunge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 528
Location: illinois
kudos to someone (who i don't know) but after the austria race, here in the states, we had some after race coverage. finally. doesn't totally make up for cutting off from qualifying the moment the top cars crossed the line though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5564
Location: Michigan, USA
pc27b wrote:
kudos to someone (who i don't know) but after the austria race, here in the states, we had some after race coverage. finally. doesn't totally make up for cutting off from qualifying the moment the top cars crossed the line though.

That's if you're lucky. A few times recently they cut it off with about 2 minutes to go, so nobody had even crossed the line yet. x(

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 528
Location: illinois
Exediron wrote:
pc27b wrote:
kudos to someone (who i don't know) but after the austria race, here in the states, we had some after race coverage. finally. doesn't totally make up for cutting off from qualifying the moment the top cars crossed the line though.

That's if you're lucky. A few times recently they cut it off with about 2 minutes to go, so nobody had even crossed the line yet. x(



yep, this was only about austria. coverage has stopped before the end of qually at earlier races. it is a surprise to look forward to, or not. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 939
pc27b wrote:
Exediron wrote:
pc27b wrote:
kudos to someone (who i don't know) but after the austria race, here in the states, we had some after race coverage. finally. doesn't totally make up for cutting off from qualifying the moment the top cars crossed the line though.

That's if you're lucky. A few times recently they cut it off with about 2 minutes to go, so nobody had even crossed the line yet. x(



yep, this was only about austria. coverage has stopped before the end of qually at earlier races. it is a surprise to look forward to, or not. lol


Happened today! Coverage was cut off as the guys were leaving the pits for the final quali run. They are forcing viewers to use the app.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:59 pm
Posts: 95
I never knew how good Will Buxton was at his job until ESPN took over this year! Martin Brundle is terrible! He's just missing something especially when he's walking up and down the grid interviewing people. Buxton is ruthless, he interrupts people to find people to interview, never a silent moment and always have interesting things to say and very knowledgeable. Brundle often lacks interesting questions, and sometimes just have nothing to say! Good God, how long do I have to put up with this crew! I missed the whole NBC crew, Buxton, Leigh, Machett and Hobbs!

Anyway, not very important I guess...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 939
VajraTLR wrote:
I never knew how good Will Buxton was at his job until ESPN took over this year! Martin Brundle is terrible! He's just missing something especially when he's walking up and down the grid interviewing people. Buxton is ruthless, he interrupts people to find people to interview, never a silent moment and always have interesting things to say and very knowledgeable. Brundle often lacks interesting questions, and sometimes just have nothing to say! Good God, how long do I have to put up with this crew! I missed the whole NBC crew, Buxton, Leigh, Machett and Hobbs!

Anyway, not very important I guess...


I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the brundle grid walks are all cringe worthy. You clearly see people avoiding him at all cost and blatantly refusing his interview. For good reason too the guy asks some of the most foolish pre-race questions imo. Buxton grid walk was far superior and it’s greatly missed. I also enjoyed his beyond the grid segments.

I did enjoy brundles interview with riccardo with them driving in the Aston Martin. That was pretty good I’ll give him that one but everything else is just horrible

Not a fan of the sky coverage tbh. Croft (mostly) and brundle are what make me watch it on another network all together. If Croft could just stop talking THE ENTIRE RACE it would atleast be some what decent. He’s like the grandfather who always grabs your arm to tell you a quick story but ends up talking your ear off

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1802
Location: Miami, Florida
VajraTLR wrote:
I never knew how good Will Buxton was at his job until ESPN took over this year! Martin Brundle is terrible! He's just missing something especially when he's walking up and down the grid interviewing people. Buxton is ruthless, he interrupts people to find people to interview, never a silent moment and always have interesting things to say and very knowledgeable. Brundle often lacks interesting questions, and sometimes just have nothing to say! Good God, how long do I have to put up with this crew! I missed the whole NBC crew, Buxton, Leigh, Machett and Hobbs!

Anyway, not very important I guess...

As someone who was a huge Peter Windsor fan, I couldn't stand Buxton initially. How he spoke with his hands, his arms and shoulders bouncing… it drove me up the wall along the lines of how Jay Leno's head bobbing when TRYING to make a mediocre punchline funny and then continuing to mutter little whiny sounds.

However, once I made it a point to look past his physical quirks and really listen to his content, it was immediately clear how much better than even Windsor he is.
Then he was called up to be the commentator for GP2 and the way he delivered information instantly and his vast knowledge of every driver, team, mechanic and everyone else, made him the best damn commentator I have ever heard call any sport outside of Pat Summerall calling NFL games.

That's saying a lot about the guy.

_________________
HAMILTON :: ALONSO :: VETTEL :: RAIKKONEN :: RICCIARDO :: VERSTAPPEN
BOTTAS :: MAGNUSSEN :: OCON :: SAINZ :: PEREZ :: VANDOORNE :: HULKENBERG
GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: ERICSON :: LECLERC :: STROLL :: SEROTKIN :: HARTLEY


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], pokerman and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group