planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Fair Lawn, New Jersey
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

_________________
Don't be quick to judge or the verdict might come back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4749
emb1496 wrote:
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

If you have digital cable, use your search feature and look for "Formula 1" during the time when the race takes place. The race was on a channel I have literally never watched this last weekend...

On a side note, if there is anyone in the US that is using the F1 TV app, can you please let me know the following:

1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7980
Excuse me if I slip in a related question. Anyone (I'm in UK but think it not relent) know what 'player' it is suposed to use?

I cannot get the replays or archive to run. Screen stays blank, no prompt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 416
emb1496 wrote:
I had to go far and wide to the subreddits of the internet, before I finally found a way to watch the race, I was so excited when ESPN messed up Australia and decided to run Ad free all year, but they tell me its on ABC this week and when I open it I get some parade instead.

Really hoping this doesnt have to happen again, barely got to watch that first lap. Anyone have similar experience?

Take it up with your local ABC affiliate!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 798
numerous times espn drops the ball with labeling the channels with the correct title causing the dvr not to record practice or live races. Which is the main issue i have come across. I have been watching practice sessions on the espn app via my ps4.

Idk what cable provider you have but unfortunately you might want to start using the espn or using another network that also televises the race (ex different language network)

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 564
Location: Michigan, USA
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

_________________
Top Three: 5 wins, 20 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 11th [6th]
Pick 10: 1 win, 5 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 11th
Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 8 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 10th | 2018: 10th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: England
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.


Surely the answer here is to plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via HDMI and just fullscreen watch it that way? It's a bit of a ballache but I do it for (entirely legal) films and stuff from time to time.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 5th | 2 Podiums | 0 Wins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22675
Flash2k11 wrote:
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.


Surely the answer here is to plug your PC/Laptop into your TV via HDMI and just fullscreen watch it that way? It's a bit of a ballache but I do it for (entirely legal) films and stuff from time to time.
Yes, that's what I used to do when watching NOW TV from Sky. Or get something like a Chromecast and maybe stream to the TV wirelessly using that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 502
Location: illinois
i didn't think espn2 was going to be good for the fans in the usa.....that is proving be true. i can't believe liberty is ignoring the usa audience, when they should be looking to grow it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4749
Remmirath wrote:
Luckily I was actually in Montréal for the Canadian Grand Prix, but ESPN seems to shift practice sessions, qualifying, and even the race between all of their channels. Just recently I had to record FP2 from ESPNU, which I'd never known even existed before, and certainly wouldn't have watched. I've taken to looking through every available channel if it's not on the usual ones (my TV service does not, annoyingly enough, have a search function).

sandman1347 wrote:
1. Are you able to stream races in HD to your TV set?
2. Are you able to watch the races from the drivers' onboard cameras?
3. Do you have access to classic races from the archive?
4. Do you have the ability to pause, rewind and just generally re-watch races from this season at will?
5. With this app, do you have any need to watch the races on TV?

1. No. I am very much looking forward to when this is finally possible, because it greatly decreases the utility of the streaming service to only be able to use it on the computer. (Yes, you can do on mobile, but that's also useless to me, seeing as I have no mobile device and that would in any case be a smaller screen.)
2. Yes.
3. Not as many as I'd like, but there are some in there. The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix is the oldest one currently available, and there are a few races a year throughout most of the 90s from there, somewhat more in the 2000s, and then most of them from the last few years. Hopefully more soon, and from much farther back than that... not that I'm likely to actually settle down to watch them until it's finally available on the TV.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, because you can't stream it to the TV yet, and I vastly prefer watching races on the TV to on my computer screen. When it's finally available for the TV, I'd say probably no, but there's no indication yet of when that will be.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I need to have this thing be able to stream through the TV without having to hook up a laptop. Once they have a proper streaming capability for smart TVs/Playstations/ect., I'm in. It's good to know that you can actually watch the races from the onboard cams. Just need it on the TV.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mayhem, Rockie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group