planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:24 pm 

With the launch of F1 Tv Pro, I and many others, for the first time ever now have access to good quality videos of past seasons. Given that I grew up watching in the early 2000's, I'm sure I missed a lot of amazing racing from past seasons.

I'm looking for suggestions of great races / seasons to watch. Being a Schumacher fan I'd love to find races where he did exceptionally well as well.

Mods, not sure if this should be here or in the regular forum -request that you move if you feel this isn't the right place.

Post subject: Re: Classic F1 Seasons
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 am 

I look forward to seeing what replies you get. I've been thinking of a "classic F1 video" thread so this is right up my alley. I have spent hours on YouTube trying to find a video of a race in which Schumi came back like a machine from quite a few positions back, he just cut through the field it was amazing. Alas, I can't find it.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm 

Moved thread in hopes to get you some feed back .

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 pm 

ohwell wrote:
With the launch of F1 Tv Pro, I and many others, for the first time ever now have access to good quality videos of past seasons. Given that I grew up watching in the early 2000's, I'm sure I missed a lot of amazing racing from past seasons.

I'm looking for suggestions of great races / seasons to watch. Being a Schumacher fan I'd love to find races where he did exceptionally well as well.

Mods, not sure if this should be here or in the regular forum -request that you move if you feel this isn't the right place.

If you want to see classic Michael, I'd recommend Spa 1995 or France 2004. Maybe Spa 1997 too or Spain 1996.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm 

That sounds like Malaysia 2001 maybe

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm 

Schumi races too look at.

Spain 95. (Domination)
Monaco and france 95 (alternative stratagy)
Spa 95. (16th too win it.)
Nurburgring 95. (15 lap fight back)
Spain 96. (Domination in the rain)
Italy 96. (Forza ferrari)
Monaco 97. (Rain master defined)
Spa 97. (Rain master. Redefined)
Suzuka 97. (Playthe team game)
Canada 98. (Dispite a 10 second stop go penalty)
France 98. (Team tactics at its best)
Silverstone 98. (If only for that penalty)
Hungary 98. (Alternative strategy genious)
Italy 98. (Pushing hakkinen into a mistake)
Malaysia 99. (1st race back after his crash. He didn't win. But his tactics were superb)
Nurburgring and Canada 2000 (Rain weather supremacy)
Malaysia 2001. (His greatest wet weather drive)
France 2004. (The greatest tactics ever)
China 2006. (His final win)

That's some of my favourite wins.

I used to have every one of his 91 wins on a hard drive myself. But the hard drive has corrupted.which I am gutted about. There was a better archive that what the f1 pro app will ever have. I had over 250 races. Including sennas first win. Monaco 84. Every Schumacher win. Every race in 1997. And every Hamilton win up until my hard drive corrupted 2 years ago all BBC or itv rips. Or Australian tv rips using BBC or itv commentary. And in later years sky sports f1 rips.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm 

I have no idea whether it will ever be available, but Monaco 1985 was a fantastic race. The best driver failed to win, but it was great to watch nevertheless. And if I'm not mistaken, you could even enjoy the sound of the engines reverberating between the high rise buildings.
And if you want to see a true classic demonstration of defensive driving in the old days; Zandvoort that same year! Where are the days...?

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 pm 

Thanks everyone, I guess my wife won't see much of me the next few days. Just watched the Nurburgring 95 one. Wow so awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 pm 

How much more does TV Pro offer over TV Access regarding the F1 archive? I have Access but the archive is rather limited. I can only watch a few full races from the 2017 season, for example. The other races are only covered by review videos.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:27 am 

OK, for those who have paid for some sort of Access or Pro service from F1.com, you might be rather disappointed at how incomplete the archive is.

BUT...

It appears they are adding races by the week, so we shouldn't run out of content to watch any time soon. In the last week it appears they've added more than 10 further races.

Not bad.

I don't expect them to keep up that pace, but that updates will be regular enough to keep us keen.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:52 pm 

jimmyj wrote:
Thanks everyone, I guess my wife won't see much of me the next few days. Just watched the Nurburgring 95 one. Wow so awesome.

Great race, good drives from Alesi & Schumacher, Hill being a gentleman.

Funny thing is that half the drivers were predicting a boring processional borefest before the race started!