planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 am 

Bravo Kimi, glad you could pull it off once more.

He now holds the record for longest span between first and last victory, a record previously held by Schumacher.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:16 am 

SISU Kimi, congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm 

mas wrote:
Still Ferrari's last WDC and today was a hint of how he done it. Will Vettel ever do it for the Prancing Horse ?

Yes by basically giving Kimi the fastest car and not having someone like Vettel has his teammate.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm 

Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:
Ferrari should hold on to Kimi. Tell Leclerc to wait another year

For what purpose? I like Kimi, but I'm pretty sure Leclerc could have won that race as well, and he has a possibility of being the future of Ferrari - Kimi does not.

It's good to see Kimi finally win a race again but there's nothing like trying to over egg it.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 am 

Zoue wrote:
Mercedes-Benz wrote:
It seems Kimi to Sauber was his wish. I thought Ferrari did that for him as I am pretty sure a small team like Sauber cannot afford him. Ferrari should have informed Kimi earlier. I think he should have tried going to RBR Honda instead. Not sure what he is going to achieve in Sauber but it will be great to see if team can get more competitive so he can fight with Ricciardo next few years in the midfield :?

you know if Ferrari had informed Kimi earlier there's a chance he may have gone to McLaren as rumour has it they had hoped to sign him. Pity that didn't happen IMO

Yes I agree Mcalren is much bigger team and should beat Sauber. I am so glad he got the win. Just 3 more races left for a good result of his career. Next 2yrs is going to be a struggle :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 am 

Well done Kimi...It was worth the wait!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 am 

pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:
Ferrari should hold on to Kimi. Tell Leclerc to wait another year

For what purpose? I like Kimi, but I'm pretty sure Leclerc could have won that race as well, and he has a possibility of being the future of Ferrari - Kimi does not.

It's good to see Kimi finally win a race again but there's nothing like trying to over egg it.

Yep.

A brilliant performance by Kimi but we know how much quicker Sebastian is. It is why Vettel is challenging for the title and not Kimi.

I love him as a character but this performance is very late. Makes you wonder how easy Vettel could have made it if he didn't make two costly mistakes in Austin. Also appears that Ferrari are back to being the car to beat now they've reverted their car. Should make the last few races very interesting and entertaining. One thing I didn't want is for Lewis to go ahead and win them with ease. Now every race is anyone's race - even better with RBR having that pace too.

Such a shame RBR are like Ferrari but with major reliability issues and mistakes made by the team/drivers. We could really see a 3 team competition in the last few races. And they say F1 is predictable!!. Ha I love it.