planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm 

Raifosa wrote:
Raikkonen Astonishes Lotus Technical Director James Allison

Lotus F1 Team's technical director James Allison is astonished by how quickly Kimi Raikkonen has adapted to his new car.

"He has had an amazingly huge impact to the whole team. The way he drives, the way he works with us, the feedback he gives. He had not driven a F1 car in two years. We didn't notice any sign of that. He hadn't driven a F1 car with a full tank before, no problem. He hadn't any prior experience of the Pirellis, no problem. He keeps his tyres alive and precisely identifies any problems with his car. It's a pleasure to work with him."

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... otus-pomon

Courtesy of OSX @ Atlas forum

Courtesy of the PR Team @ Lotus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 pm 

I really hope Lotus and Kimi are quick out of the box and beating Ferrari this year, as a revenge of how they treated him in 2009!! :x :x :x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:40 pm 

trickmonkey wrote:
I really hope Lotus and Kimi are quick out of the box and beating Ferrari this year, as a revenge of how they treated him in 2009!! :x :x :x

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Could not agree more but odds not great of that.... Hope I am wrong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
Raifosa wrote:

Lotus F1 Team's technical director James Allison is astonished by how quickly Kimi Raikkonen has adapted to his new car.

"He has had an amazingly huge impact to the whole team. The way he drives, the way he works with us, the feedback he gives. He had not driven a F1 car in two years. We didn't notice any sign of that. He hadn't driven a F1 car with a full tank before, no problem. He hadn't any prior experience of the Pirellis, no problem. He keeps his tyres alive and precisely identifies any problems with his car. It's a pleasure to work with him."

This is an interview, no? Straight out of Allison's mouth into the dictaphone of the reporter... It's not like it's words put out by the team (unless I'm mistaken). Sure, those giving interviews will have been briefed on what to emphasise when certain questions arise, but as far as I can tell, this is an interview, not a press release.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm 

trickmonkey wrote:

Yep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 pm 

trickmonkey wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 am 

For anyone interested:

There's no real frame of reference for us, other than he has the rear jacked up high, the rear torsion bar slightly stiffer than the front and camber to give more grip on the front end... All in all, as far as I can tell, a slightly more oversteer car.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:40 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 am 

Leen26 wrote:

Did his hat go through the dryer? Anybody know if the episode is going to be on in North America? BBC1?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 pm 

It's interesting that according to Boullier, it's Kimi who has adapted to the tires better out of the two Lotus drivers. MTV3 quoteshim as saying "Kimi's good at it but Romain still lacks experience." We'll see. I wasn't happy with his performance on his last season at Ferrari or the stint at WRC. He seems more relaxed now but I don't know if that means anything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 pm 

Top gear teaser folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=merbp7mxJ78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 am 

ferrarirocks wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was a pretty dreary day and the track seems to be quite wet ..... hope he got a good time

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 am 

ferrarirocks wrote:

Thanks for that!! Can't wait to see the entire thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
Raifosa wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 am 

trickmonkey wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35f4rd5q ... youtu.be&a

Top Gear interview

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm 

Leen26 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35f4rd5qWA0&feature=youtu.be&a

Top Gear interview

Watched it last night 8)

Has anyone else noticed that Kimi is smiling more now than during his entire first career in F1? And (dare I say it) more chatty even?

I think both he and Clarkson had good rapport throughout :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35f4rd5qWA0&feature=youtu.be&a

Top Gear interview

Watched it last night 8)

Has anyone else noticed that Kimi is smiling more now than during his entire first career in F1? And (dare I say it) more chatty even?

I think both he and Clarkson had good rapport throughout :thumbup:

haha yeah +1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:41 pm 

I told him to take something from rally with him to F1. :-P
The athmosphire in rally is much more relaxed than in F1 and Kimi seems to be relaxed in that interview.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm 

appletree wrote:
The athmosphire in rally is much more relaxed than in F1 and Kimi seems to be relaxed in that interview.

Until the media starts bothering him again and he starts hating them like before..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:41 am 

After his Top Gear appearance, everyone is saying Kimi has changed ..

I would like to to state what I think. I think Kimi hasn't changed at all, he just changed towards the media a little bit. Which I also think is a matter of time until racing starts and he focuses more on that and much less on having fun/teasing the media

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 am 

Coulthard Welcomes Kimi's Return

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17346735

Quote:
Were you surprised to hear Kimi was returning to F1?

"When I first heard, I was sceptical as to whether he would be able to reignite his desire to compete at the highest level.
"Then I did an event with him, Sebastian Vettel and some other drivers in Austria last year. We were in every type of motor vehicle you could imagine - motocross, motorbikes and single-seater cars - and he was the first on each of them, and last off. He was even tucked up in bed early.

"He is an enthusiast. He has great skills. He is the kind of guy who if you put him in anything with a motor, he has got the ability to take it to the maximum."

"I've gone from initially being sceptical to now being an absolute believer in his return. It's good for Kimi Raikkonen, it's good for F1 and it should be good for the fans."

"In his first F1 career, when he raced for Sauber, McLaren and Ferrari, he could go from being asleep just before qualifying to delivering a lap that made your jaw drop. It was just incredible to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am 

ReservoirDog wrote:

More "PR" for you:
Quote:
Nico Rosberg: Kimi is One of the All-time Greatest F1 Drivers

"It is a brilliant thing to F1. Kimi is one of the best drivers from the last ten years and undoubtedly one of the greatest drivers ever to drive an F1 car. It is great to get him back to the races. It further raises the bar of our sport."

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/321 ... n+nostetta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am 

Leen26 wrote:
appletree wrote:

Until the media starts bothering him again and he starts hating them like before..

I think he doesnt like them any more than earlier but his approach could be more relaxed than earlier.It may not be shown in his answers but maybe he doesnt feel inside him so bothered as before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 pm 

New website - video teaser
http://youtu.be/tyItK21y-Nk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 pm 

Martin Brundle, via Twitter:
"Random thought as I'm in the small hours 'wide awake club' reading up for the Oz GP, I'm SO pleased that Kimi R is back in F1"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm 

sgt.hartman wrote:
"Random thought as I'm in the small hours 'wide awake club' reading up for the Oz GP, I'm SO pleased that Kimi R is back in F1"

So much Kimi love after all the hate in 2009! I'm happy for him (Kimi).. not that he cares lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm 

Leen26 wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:

So much Kimi love after all the hate in 2009! I'm happy for him (Kimi).. not that he cares lol

2009 hate?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 pm 

sgt.hartman wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:

2009 hate?

Yes, there was a lot of hate. I think when the F1 fraternity realised that Kimi could walk away from the sport without a concern, F1 fans worldwide saw it as sacrilege and started blaming his motivation for it. It shows how the media can typecast an individual and the world believes it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 pm 

Kimi is back, so I am too!
F1 just wasn't the same without him. I am quite literally (for want of a better phrase) wetting myself with excitement! Sky package has been upgraded to HD, 47" TV bought, schedule cleared, boss has been told that I may be late on Saturday/Sunday :-P , flags from Belgium 2009 have been brought out of the attic, and the 2012 season is a-go-go!

Glad to see the forum looking fresh too, thought I had the wrong place for a minute! Good job!

:D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm 

superkaas wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:

2009 hate?

Yes, there was a lot of hate. I think when the F1 fraternity realised that Kimi could walk away from the sport without a concern, F1 fans worldwide saw it as sacrilege and started blaming his motivation for it. It shows how the media can typecast an individual and the world believes it.

I would have thought most fans would have realised there may be more to it then meets the eye, with santander becoming main sponsor in 2010 and alonso driving. I am almost certain kimi would have been a match for alonso had they been team mates because he would have raised his game (consciously or sub-consciously). I doubt very much that alonso would have wanted to go against kimi, whether that was part of the deal i dont know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 am 

Raikkonette wrote:
F1 just wasn't the same without him. I am quite literally (for want of a better phrase) wetting myself with excitement! Sky package has been upgraded to HD, 47" TV bought, schedule cleared, boss has been told that I may be late on Saturday/Sunday :-P , flags from Belgium 2009 have been brought out of the attic, and the 2012 season is a-go-go!

Glad to see the forum looking fresh too, thought I had the wrong place for a minute! Good job!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
me too can't wait....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 am 

stealthdog wrote:
superkaas wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:

2009 hate?

I would have thought most fans would have realised there may be more to it then meets the eye, with santander becoming main sponsor in 2010 and alonso driving. I am almost certain kimi would have been a match for alonso had they been team mates because he would have raised his game (consciously or sub-consciously). I doubt very much that alonso would have wanted to go against kimi, whether that was part of the deal i dont know.

I think All Kimi fans realises that, and all Alonso fans and Kimi haters are rejecting this theory.. We all know that Kimi never BS, when he was asked if it was Santander's money that got him fired, he said "maybe, you have to ask them".. otherwise he would either say no, or I don't know.

I've said this so many times before in the old forum. Santander are spending MILLIONS and for what? marketing. Brazil is one of their biggest growth markets and ofcourse Spain is their main country that's why they're sponsoring ALonso (they got him in McLaren as well), so it makes perfect business sense to keep Massa and pay out Kimi, who also poses a risk of outshining their golden-boy whom they're investing their money to market.

No one in his logical mind would choose Massa over Kimi at that point if his heart was purely about performance and the goodwell of the team. Massa was injured, Kimi is a WDC and with one of the biggest fanbases amongst his colleagues ,and above that all, he would cost much more to fire than Massa.. no matter how people spin this, its clearly Santander. Team leading and other BS is laughable. when Ferrari decided to hire Kimi they knew EXACTLY what they're getting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 am 

Leen26 wrote:
stealthdog wrote:

I think All Kimi fans realises that, and all Alonso fans and Kimi haters are rejecting this theory.. We all know that Kimi never BS, when he was asked if it was Santander's money that got him fired, he said "maybe, you have to ask them".. otherwise he would either say no, or I don't know.

I've said this so many times before in the old forum. Santander are spending MILLIONS and for what? marketing. Brazil is one of their biggest growth markets and ofcourse Spain is their main country that's why they're sponsoring ALonso (they got him in McLaren as well), so it makes perfect business sense to keep Massa and pay out Kimi, who also poses a risk of outshining their golden-boy whom they're investing their money to market.

No one in his logical mind would choose Massa over Kimi at that point if his heart was purely about performance and the goodwell of the team. Massa was injured, Kimi is a WDC and with one of the biggest fanbases amongst his colleagues ,and above that all, he would cost much more to fire than Massa.. no matter how people spin this, its clearly Santander. Team leading and other BS is laughable. when Ferrari decided to hire Kimi they knew EXACTLY what they're getting.

So, you folks have never heard of the saying "It's just business", huh?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 am 

sgt.hartman wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
stealthdog wrote:

actually. that's exactly what I'm saying :)

it had nothing to do with Kimi's ability to lead the team, performance, motivation..etc.. it was strictly business

EDIT: I even have a theory that goes a bit deeper than this, but of course you can take it with a grain of salt as it is based on so many assumptions.

[ warining: read only if you like fiction and conspiracy theories ]

Kimi extended his contract in 2008 while everyone was saying he lost interest, he's not motivated..etc.., the infamous interview with brundle(?) resurfaced as well, where he said "I only want to win one WDC and get the hell out". After the renewal he said something in the context of "it was up to me to sign or not, and I decided to extend", from that I'd draw that Kimi had a clause in his contract. And I assume that it was either a. with every WDC or b. if he beat his teammate, he gets an option to extend for a year. In 2008, Kimi had to get his managers to interfere to get the suspension he preferred back into his car (correct me if I'm wrong). Chris Dyer said that the team has let Kimi down and not the other way round in 2008. That says a lot! How can you give priority to Massa's preference above your reigning champion who was actually leading the championship at the point the suspension was changed??? doesn't make sense to me.

I can't wait for Kimi to retire and write a book about his career.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am 

Raikkonette wrote:

Yo, hello Raikkonette and welcome back to business! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 pm 

Can't wait to see Kimi back at the PC tomorrow! :]

#7 Kimi Raikkonen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:16 pm 

Hello guys! Kubica fan here...under absence of my hero I will have my fingers crossed for Kimi :]
Go Kimi!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 pm 

In this week's edition of Flemish news weekly "Knack", Jérôme D'Ambrosio speaks of his past, present and future career. During the interview he was also asked about Kimi. I'll translate what he said:

Knack: "What kind of a person is Räikkönen? Everybody says you can't talk to him."

Jérôme: "Let me put it this way; he speaks a bit less than many others. Kimi only speaks when he has something to say, but I see that as a quality. It is much more important that you can immediately see he is a top driver. You can tell by the feedback he gives the engineers, by the way he works on the set-up of the car. I found that really impressive during winter testing. He has an inner force, as if he is mentally indestructible. That's a quality I recognize in nearly all world champions."

There, I hope you liked reading how a young driver sees Kimi. :)

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm 

Leen26 wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:
Leen26 wrote:
stealthdog wrote:

actually. that's exactly what I'm saying :)

it had nothing to do with Kimi's ability to lead the team, performance, motivation..etc.. it was strictly business

EDIT: I even have a theory that goes a bit deeper than this, but of course you can take it with a grain of salt as it is based on so many assumptions.

[ warining: read only if you like fiction and conspiracy theories ]

Kimi extended his contract in 2008 while everyone was saying he lost interest, he's not motivated..etc.., the infamous interview with brundle(?) resurfaced as well, where he said "I only want to win one WDC and get the hell out". After the renewal he said something in the context of "it was up to me to sign or not, and I decided to extend", from that I'd draw that Kimi had a clause in his contract. And I assume that it was either a. with every WDC or b. if he beat his teammate, he gets an option to extend for a year. In 2008, Kimi had to get his managers to interfere to get the suspension he preferred back into his car (correct me if I'm wrong). Chris Dyer said that the team has let Kimi down and not the other way round in 2008. That says a lot! How can you give priority to Massa's preference above your reigning champion who was actually leading the championship at the point the suspension was changed??? doesn't make sense to me.

I can't wait for Kimi to retire and write a book about his career.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: