planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:42 pm 

Ok there are problems with streaming and the archive is being worked on, at least some of you can get the pro version in your country and when it's working I expect it to be better value than Sky TV.
People should judge by how they are dealing with issues, nit that they have them. It's a new service, for it to have no issues when they didn't know what subscriber numbers would be amongst other potential technical gremlins would be a miracle.
The fact they are imediately issuing refunds when theres an issue speaks volumes about how much they are wanting it to work and that if you stick with it it will be worth it IMHO

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:07 pm 

dompclarke wrote:
Ok there are problems with streaming and the archive is being worked on, at least some of you can get the pro version in your country and when it's working I expect it to be better value than Sky TV.
People should judge by how they are dealing with issues, nit that they have them. It's a new service, for it to have no issues when they didn't know what subscriber numbers would be amongst other potential technical gremlins would be a miracle.
The fact they are imediately issuing refunds when theres an issue speaks volumes about how much they are wanting it to work and that if you stick with it it will be worth it IMHO

I think it is understandable if some new service has issues, but if the image quality looks like it's around standard definition and since it is something you pay for, I think that is something people should be able to complain about. I get the feeling that they won't bring an upgrade to the image quality any time soon, and that isn't really a problem they can fix. It just seems poor that the image quality isn't better given the quality you get with other services. But they may sort the fact that it didn't work correctly out.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 pm 

moby wrote:
Things moving on a-pace!! I can now get last years race highlights :D For what I paid I think I will stick it out and see what happens.

Edit

I also have highlights of Azerbaijan this year. Things are looking up

I actually have record every race over the last 3 years from freeview onto my hard drive from my Freeview HD box. That is how I look back to races I want to see again. If you record them, you know they will work as you don't need to trust an app or the internet to be working. I can just plug my hard drive into anything and it works.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
moby wrote:
Things moving on a-pace!! I can now get last years race highlights :D For what I paid I think I will stick it out and see what happens.

Edit

I also have highlights of Azerbaijan this year. Things are looking up

I actually have record every race over the last 3 years from freeview onto my hard drive from my Freeview HD box. That is how I look back to races I want to see again. If you record them, you know they will work as you don't need to trust an app or the internet to be working. I can just plug my hard drive into anything and it works.

Back in the VHS days, I had a tea chest with almost 10 years races, when i moved house and did not have room I coud not give them away. Now it would go on a thumb drive.

I have a Humax 4000T freeview and it shows up on my computer network, so it is just drag and drop onto dvd so the wife has room on the drove for 'important things' like casualty :uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

I think it is understandable if some new service has issues, but if the image quality looks like it's around standard definition and since it is something you pay for, I think that is something people should be able to complain about. I get the feeling that they won't bring an upgrade to the image quality any time soon, and that isn't really a problem they can fix. It just seems poor that the image quality isn't better given the quality you get with other services. But they may sort the fact that it didn't work correctly out.

The image quality problem dependds on what they advertised it at. To be fair releasing it with standard def and improving that once they've got it fully working is a sensible plan as theres much less data to stream, especially with multi camera choices available.
I've no issues with complaints, just the typical over the top ones that we get now if things aren't immediately perfect. To refuse to accept they are going to fix it, have got customer service right by issuing refunds and demanding cancellation after it's first weekend is excessive at best.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:

I'm a little puzzled by this, because it definitely was not standard definition for me when I watched the practice sessions. It stopped and started way too much, but when it was working it looked decent on my screen (3440 x 1440) which it would not have done if it was standard definition (640 x 480).

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:01 pm 

The worst part for me was everything I clicked said it was not available in my region (UK) but no guidance if it was ever going to be available or not.

I am prepared to wait for them to sort things (so long as it is not way OTT timewise) but would like some reassuring it would be available when it was working

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 pm 

moby wrote:
The worst part for me was everything I clicked said it was not available in my region (UK) but no guidance if it was ever going to be available or not.

I am prepared to wait for them to sort things (so long as it is not way OTT timewise) but would like some reassuring it would be available when it was working

That's because they have to wait till their contract with Sky expires as Sky have exclusive rights to it in the UK (with some channel 4 overlap)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm 

dompclarke wrote:
moby wrote:

That's because they have to wait till their contract with Sky expires as Sky have exclusive rights to it in the UK (with some channel 4 overlap)

I know, but some things available to me now were also giving the same banner. I am still unsure what the total will be.
Wait and see I guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 am 

dompclarke wrote:
moby wrote:

Surely this is in contravention of competition laws. My little understanding is that nobody should have exclusive rights of any product as it robs the consumer (as it is all to clear in this case) also denies entry of competitors. One would think they would have thought about this but given the past scandles one cannot be surprised. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can share some light. Just because they signed a contract does not make it legal.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:47 am 

AravJ wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
moby wrote:

Surely this is in contravention of competition laws. My little understanding is that nobody should have exclusive rights of any product as it robs the consumer (as it is all to clear in this case) also denies entry of competitors. One would think they would have thought about this but given the past scandles one cannot be surprised. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can share some light. Just because they signed a contract does not make it legal.

Doesn’t apply to broadcasting and digital rights. That’s why you have region blocking even within Europe

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm 

dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

The image quality problem dependds on what they advertised it at. To be fair releasing it with standard def and improving that once they've got it fully working is a sensible plan as theres much less data to stream, especially with multi camera choices available.
I've no issues with complaints, just the typical over the top ones that we get now if things aren't immediately perfect. To refuse to accept they are going to fix it, have got customer service right by issuing refunds and demanding cancellation after it's first weekend is excessive at best.

So it's excessive to not be happy with the product and demand your money back. Give me a break.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:52 pm 

kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

So it's excessive to not be happy with the product and demand your money back. Give me a break.

I think the point is they are giving the money back for the weekend with the problems, so any reaction on top of that might seem a little excessive?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm 

kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

Excessive to not give them any chance to fix the problems and immediately cancel

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm 

dompclarke wrote:
kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

Excessive to not give them any chance to fix the problems and immediately cancel

I suppose this is different if you take a year, as I did, or just the single weekend.
The year will have time to be put right, but last weekend is gone for ever and is never going to be right.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 pm 

moby wrote:
I suppose this is different if you take a year, as I did, or just the single weekend.
The year will have time to be put right, but last weekend is gone for ever and is never going to be right.

Yes, but if you only took the weekend there would be no need to cancel it and they are already doing the refund without need for you to complain ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 am 

Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

I think the point is they are giving the money back for the weekend with the problems, so any reaction on top of that might seem a little excessive?

That would be fine if one intended on continuing the service. I don't think it's worth continuing and I've explained why. I am entitled to my opinion and I have my own standards just like everybody else. You guys sound a lot like those annoying customer retention specialists.

Last edited by kleefton on Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am 

dompclarke wrote:
kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
dompclarke wrote:

How about they work on fixing the problems first then I can sign up again?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 am 

Tbh it would've been smart marketing for them to offer the service free for a couple of races. It would give them a chance to discover these problems without frustrating paying customers, plus it would've been a good way to get people interested in subscribing to the service. In all likelihood the majority of people who bought it before the first race it was used were big fans of the series, and would be likely to pay for it after the two-race trial was over.

The alternative was get paying customers angry after the first race, apologise, have to pay all customers back and a base that isn't confident it's worth signing up to again.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 am 

kleefton wrote:
Zoue wrote:
kleefton wrote:
dompclarke wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:

That would be fine if one intended on continuing the service. I don't think it's worth continuing and I've explained why. I am entitled to my opinion and I have my own standards just like everybody else. You guys sound a lot like those annoying customer retention specialists.

I don't see what's to be gained by name calling, but whatever floats your boat.

You are of course free to cancel if you wish. My original point to you was that you were getting your money back, so essentially you have little to complain about. They had technical issues, which can happen with a new service. Big deal. What's important is whether they addressed that and they did, fairly quickly, too. So really at the moment you have no grievance, you are not out of pocket, and assuming they get it right by Monaco you'll have a free race thrown in to boot. And if they don't, you'll still have lost nothing and will have had two weeks to enjoy the rest of the content for free. So any further complaints at this point seems a little excessive to others

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:26 am 

Toby. wrote:
Tbh it would've been smart marketing for them to offer the service free for a couple of races. It would give them a chance to discover these problems without frustrating paying customers, plus it would've been a good way to get people interested in subscribing to the service. In all likelihood the majority of people who bought it before the first race it was used were big fans of the series, and would be likely to pay for it after the two-race trial was over.

The alternative was get paying customers angry after the first race, apologise, have to pay all customers back and a base that isn't confident it's worth signing up to again.

Think a large part of the vocal group who won't accept the problems and how they are been dealt with now would still think it was unacceptable. Some people just can't be pleased unfortunately...

Post subject: F1 TV
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:15 am 

Hello to one and all

I am wondering if anyone has used the F1 TV Pro.
I understand that the UK cannot the Pro version because of Sky domination!
I am currently working in Germany :-(( where it is available.
I can get Sky F1 and Channel 4 over here but thought I would try the alternative and save some money.
Maybe in Germany but definitely a Lewis fan :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: F1 TV
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:26 am 

I have used it for the weekend it launched but had to cancel it due to terrible performance. The feed was choppy, image quality was poor. But that was more than a month ago. It would be good to hear from someone that is currently using it and see if they have resolved the issues they had when they first launched.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am 

It is still not available in the UK I believe, so I can't try it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 pm 

I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I try it (all going well that should be around 2025).