planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:46 pm 

It´s awkward to the degree that I turn off the TV after the chequered flag.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 pm 

mmi16 wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
They are paid professionals. Treat them as adults, do not coddle them like they are fragile children.

Why should they be sheltered from their own emotions, and why should us fans be kept away from viewing the real drivers, not the prepared public relations machine?

Keep it raw, keep it real.

These are 'practiced professionals' you get the same buzz word bull fairy cakes no matter when you stick a microphone in their face (at least among the podium inhabitants) - you want raw emotion - get those taken out by incidents as the step from their cars - Hulk would have had something today, so would Gasley.

I think it is a short program. Either the driver would soon learn that a microphone is going to be shoved in his face and tow the line or the team/ authority would stop it so as not to ruin PR

Obviously a driver would like to F and blind a la James Hunt but it wouldn't get them far in this day and age

I reckon Hulkenberg would love a good swear-off with either the media or another driver but knows it won't get him very far

That's the pay-off isn't it? Keep your gob shut and we keep paying you the big bucks

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:31 pm 

I thought today's post race interviews worked fine

DiResta is a good interviewer (success at last) and the drivers seemed at ease

It's seems a shame though that the folks paying the big bucks to actually be there have lost an element of the show

I know a lot of it was schmaltzy bollox but at least the crowd got to see the drivers address them directly

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:49 am 

Not a great fan of the podium interviews, in all honesty. I find them rather awkward and stilted and inevitably consist of drivers thanking the fans etc. I don't really get the added value. I much prefer the format in the press room where at least they have the opportunity to give measured responses