planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:10 am 

Yes but your point isn't the only way to see it. I see what you're saying but you're being too dismissive of human nature.
These guys may be professionals, but they are human first. They are not machines so regardless of the job they have to do, negative experiences are difficult to swallow and sometimes
it has nothing to do with maturity. Did you ever stop to think that every time Kvyat stepped into the Toro Rosso it just reminded him of the never healing wound?

Using Hamilton as a prime example, his 2011 season is to date his worst season and it all boiled down to being HUMAN. And knowing how mentally tough Lewis is, it took him the
entire season and a touch more to get past that difficult moment in his life, and it was OUTSIDE of F1. Every time Kvyat stepped into his Toro Rosso he was reminded of what was
weighing on his mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:29 am 

Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
You’re not a racing driver so you won’t ever understand. These guys drive all their lives sacrificing everything, even a normal childhood in the hopes that one day they’ll get a shot in the bigtime. Kvyat achieved that and made it to a jr team and worked diligently to impress even further and eventually was awarded the promotion to the Sr team and though it wasn’t without its hiccups, he was doing pretty well. Then one night from out of nowhere, while watching TV at home, receives a phone call letting him know he was demoted and his seat was given to Verstappen.

I ask you, would you be pleased in that scenario?

And while soooo many people rush to throw the Grow up and Mature card, and say he SHOULD just suck it up and get in with the program, just stop it. He’s a human being and he has these things called FEELINGS and NO ONE can tell me they’d have been accepting of the scenario and would have gotten on with the program. Please, I’ve been alive long enough to have not only seen this happen with others, but have endured things like this myself and regardless of what others say or think, things don’t just leave your mind and resentment is a feeling and emotion that is extremely difficult to get over.

I said at the time that he should have just told Red Bull **** you and refused to drive for Toro Rosso, and I still hold to that. As soon as he accepted that demotion he was done, mentally and from a career point of view.

If Red Bull tried to demote Verstappen to Toro Rosso now, can you see him actually going there?

I totally agree, but it's likely he was bound contractually to abide by Red Bull's decisions or they could have dropped him without having to pay him. Not saying that's the case, but t is quite possible.
F1 is such that teams can do almost as they please yet drivers cannot. and the few who choose to take teams to court cost themselves their careers. Such is professional sport these days and I hate
it across the board. The players/athletes put fans in the seats and without them, especially the special ones, franchises/teams are NOTHING. I think governments need to implement regulations to
better protect these employees because the scales are really tipped in the favor of ownership and if a superstar gets injured, they can be dropped with immediate effect with very few assurances for the most part. However, if a superstar quits… The organization will go after them legally. I get the teams fork out the cash, but it's not fair.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:55 am 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Yes but your point isn't the only way to see it. I see what you're saying but you're being too dismissive of human nature.
These guys may be professionals, but they are human first. They are not machines so regardless of the job they have to do, negative experiences are difficult to swallow and sometimes
it has nothing to do with maturity. Did you ever stop to think that every time Kvyat stepped into the Toro Rosso it just reminded him of the never healing wound?

Using Hamilton as a prime example, his 2011 season is to date his worst season and it all boiled down to being HUMAN. And knowing how mentally tough Lewis is, it took him the
entire season and a touch more to get past that difficult moment in his life, and it was OUTSIDE of F1. Every time Kvyat stepped into his Toro Rosso he was reminded of what was
weighing on his mind.

But it didn't though really did it? Hamilton had a poor 6 months whilst Kvyat had a terrible run that lasted close to two seasons. Had Hamilton gone on to be poor in 2012 as well people would have criticised him harshly but he didn't. He actually drove one of his better seasons. Had Kvyat driven well last season he would almost certainly still be in F1. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not easy at the top of any profession. Red Bull gave Kvyat more opportunities than most young drivers will ever get. Looking back he shouldn't feel bitterns towards them because without the Red Bull backing he may well never have been an F1 driver.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:44 am 

Code:
Daniel Ricciardo reportedly told Red Bull he would sign a new deal during the post-Hungarian GP test, only to change his mind and instead sign with Renault.

How far did Ricciardo miss the time line by? Note, they don't say Ricciardo specifically said the new deal he signs would be with them.