planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:09 am 

f1madman wrote:
This sniffpetrol.com article nicely sums up what people think of kimi's behaviour:

https://sniffpetrol.com/2018/04/09/oh-g ... raikkonen/
"Oh great, so now I have to go to the hospital, by Kimi Raikkonen"

Personally I found he could've been more sensible and atleast put his steering wheel back on while his car was stranded in the pit lane than childishly throwing it into the car and storming into his garage without even acknowledging the guy he ran over.

That just didn't happen. So you're getting worked up over something of your own creation.

f1madman wrote:
Well it's actually a rule that the driver should put his steering wheel back on when he abandons the car.

Just picture yourself at work as a fork lift driver, you've ran over your colleague but your other workshop colleagues are tending to him before you get out and abort your next mission. One of your colleagues even may be first aider.

What do you do next:
1. Check the injured guy is OK, maybe.... Even apologise if he's conscious, even if the fault wasn't yours...
2. Screw it, it's time for a tea break.

If you picked no. 2 you might be perceived as a douche in the real world, this is how people would have perceived Kimi attitude /actions. Hope that clears things up.

I'd do neither. I'd do:

3. Stay out of the way to allow the professional medics to do their job. Go see him later once he has had the required medical attention.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am 

f1madman wrote:
Well it's actually a rule that the driver should put his steering wheel back on when he abandons the car.

Just picture yourself at work as a fork lift driver, you've ran over your colleague but your other workshop colleagues are tending to him before you get out and abort your next mission. One of your colleagues even may be first aider.

What do you do next:
1. Check the injured guy is OK, maybe.... Even apologise if he's conscious, even if the fault wasn't yours...
2. Screw it, it's time for a tea break.

If you picked no. 2 you might be perceived as a douche in the real world, this is how people would have perceived Kimi attitude /actions. Hope that clears things up.

That rule is that if a driver abandons the car he must leave in neutral with the steering wheel attached (rule 22.5 sporting regs). As he was in the garage with his pit crew dealing with the car this would not be abandoned; if it had been a breach of the rules I'm sure the officials would have noticed...

Again with the injured mechanic, there was a group of people dealing with the incident. If you'd ever had first aid training or been in a situation like that you should know that the only reason to get involved is if you have something beneficial to add to the situation. Kimi barging in and going "sorry about that, you alright mate?" isn't a useful thing to do when theres an injured person.
If you replay Kimi heading back to the pits he paused, looked over, then decided to head to the pits. If he truly had no concern he wouldn't have bothered with that...

Also you really think Kimi wants a tea break? He be after an ice cream or beer surely ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 pm 

Also think it follows the stereotype Finn approach Raikkonen shows to pointless questions. He's not a medic, there are people there handling it, what good could he do?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 am 

Agree with those who think he did nothing wrong.

He walked towards the pit box, looked at the situation and stood there for a moment, nothing he can do to help and walked off.

I dont know what some expected, for Kimi to go there and give the guy a kiss in the forehead?

We should all know when to back off and let those who are actually helping do their job.

Again nothing wrong with what he did

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:55 pm 

Inappropriate post removed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:13 pm 

f1madman wrote:
Inappropriate post removed.

:thumbdown: