planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4736
Cold Gin wrote:
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/894988/1/official-johann-zarco-ktm

Official-----Zarco signed to Factory KTM squad for two years.

Wow, strikes me as a move that comes from a lack of confidence. It's sort of like the way he picks the softest tire for the race so that he can take the lead early but then inevitably fades late. If he really believes in himself, why doesn't he go for Honda? Not that I don't think KTM will eventually be competitive. They are doing big things across road racing and motocross these days and I think it's a matter of time before they become major players in MotoGP but Zarco is already well into his prime years and he should be able to go to an established top team. I feel like he doesn't want to be compared to Marc on the same bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
I agree 1000% Sandman, I just don't see them improving THAT much over the next two years. Hey, I'd love to be proved wrong, I would rather enjoy seeing another manufacturer being competitive. Their history, resources, and engineering all but guarantee they will be there at some point. But for Zarco? Man I'd be gunning for that Honda seat if it were up to me. Sure, Marquez might put anyone in the shade, but I bet Zarco would be challenging for podiums every race if he were on that bike.

I hope we are wrong. You know, I though Hamilton was crazy to leave McLaren to go to Mercedes, and I got egg in the face on that one. LOL. I hope KTM improves and can give him a bike he likes next year.

I wonder if this means Crutchlow has a shot at the Repsol ride? He might be better off staying where he is. The way they love Pedrosa, he might even extend another two years---which is insane to think about, given how long he's had that ride. Seems plausible now, though.

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
More Honda domination in FP2. Times are extremely close down the field. Jerez has had the track resurfaced, so it should provide great grip and exciting racing this year.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/results/89 ... -2-results

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
Redbull KTM aren't there to make up the numbers. It's a no brainer to me because Honda aren't going to develop the bike at all to help him if Marquez is winning every week. With the aid of concessions the only manufacturer to not make huge leaps is Aprilia which is almost certainly budget related.

Expect Marquez to win this weekend, the Moto2 race looks mouthwatering


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
Scintillating pole position from Crutchlow!👍👍👍

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/05/03/mot ... inted.html

This weekend is going to be huge for Lorenzo. He’s had a startling turnaround with new updates from the team, which has enabled him to find more pace this weekend. Can he start getting some results? Tomorrow’s race will see significant pressure on him.

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 149
Anybody else watching? Hopefully another great race


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
That was painful.

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4374
Marquez makes it look so easy.
That crash of those 3 top drivers was indeed painful and rather unnecessary.

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4736
No one to blame really for that crash. It was just a racing incident. Perhaps Lorenzo if anyone but he would have been ok if not for the positioning of Dovi's bike. As I said after round 2, this will be 2014 all over again with Marc. It's time to start talking about 2019.

In Moto2, Alex Marquez is really not doing himself any favors. If he cannot win the title this year, I think MotoGP will not be an option in 2019. Maybe it's for the best. Maybe going into WSBK might be a way for him to escape his brother's shadow.

I was very impressed with Oliveira in the race. He's a solid rider and the Tech 3 ride is well deserved for 2019.

Moto3 also had an insane crash that took out championship contenders. Martin must be furious with Canet. That's a big set back and he'll have a long haul to dig his way back into the lead in the points. I do still feel that he's the man to beat though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7112
Location: Belgium
Johnson wrote:
Anybody else watching? Hopefully another great race
I was. And I was enjoying it massively till the accident. From the replay, I think Jorge tried to stand the bike up for Dani, but his awareness came just that little bit too late. Horribly bad luck for all three. The finale would have been worth it!

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
The writing was on the wall when he was fighting for the win in Austria last year. People talk about 2014 but a lot of those races were very close. This reminds me of stoner in 2011 where the best riders sat on the best bike. Just lucky both are still a joy to watch on their own.

WSBK is an absolute graveyard. Marquez could easily fit into motogp on a satellite bike. He's never going to step out his brothers shadow. It's like Rossi, he's just too big in the sport. This is the best Moto2 year I've seen. Lowes is having a nightmare.

Canet unbelievable. Bezzechi biggest title threat to Martin for me. VR46 academy taking over the lower classes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:14 am
Posts: 91
If it was just the two Ducati riders in that final corner battle, then they both would have continued on without drama. But it was the sudden emergence of Dani's bike that spoiled the party, as Dani took the opportunity that was presented to him as the two Ducatis had to wash off speed to avoid crashing. The Ducatis slowed, and Dani pounced to take what was on offer - there's no one to blame, except that that Dani pushed the limit but did not do anything that was not in the sportsman rulebook. A real shame for the three of them, the two teams and for us fans!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
Regarding Dovi/Lorenzo/Pedrosa, it was definitely a racing incident. Textbook example of it, really. Dovi ran in too hot, Lorenzo was getting him on the cutback and all of a sudden Pedrosa was there. It happened so fast, there was really no realistic time for anyone to respond. You could say Lorenzo was to blame for not looking prior to going back on the racing line, but at a decent amount of lean, under acceleration, and racing with Dovi, it's unlikely he would have done that was a heated battle for position. Pedrosa nailed the corner and was in the mix so fast it just was bad timing for all. I'm glad they all made it out with no injury.

So sad that took out a great, great battle of riders, and although nobody was catching Marquez, the battle for 2nd and 3rd was shaping up to be a hot one. I imagine both Pedrosa and Dovi would have gotten Lorenzo and ended up on the podium, but Lorenzo was riding very well, and I wished we would have had the chance to see it play out.

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 343
those yamaha boys would be daft to not test a tech 3 spec bike. zarco is a relatively unknown quantity but i cant believe he is making the difference. maybe for him it just works, but they may at least get some ideas what to do because its very easy for marquez atm and we want to see him at least have to work a bit for it. ive been waiting for marquez and vinales to have a good old ding dong, which looked on at the start of last season, but it hasnt happened really yet. and marquez v rossi is never dull. come on sort it out yamaha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:19 pm
Posts: 44
ClubF1 wrote:
.... - there's no one to blame, except that that Dani pushed the limit but .....!


No way, the one that is the least to blame is Dani. Dovi is the one that started the sequence of events by going in waayyyyyy too hot and forcing Jorge out, Jorge went back to the racing line without looking where Dani was who he knew was riding with them. Dani only followed the racing line that was left wide wide open by Dovi and Jorge. I am of the opinion that it is a racing incident just as it was in Argentina between Rossi and Marquez.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 2617
ClubF1 wrote:
If it was just the two Ducati riders in that final corner battle, then they both would have continued on without drama. But it was the sudden emergence of Dani's bike that spoiled the party, as Dani took the opportunity that was presented to him as the two Ducatis had to wash off speed to avoid crashing. The Ducatis slowed, and Dani pounced to take what was on offer - there's no one to blame, except that that Dani pushed the limit but did not do anything that was not in the sportsman rulebook. A real shame for the three of them, the two teams and for us fans!


Dani pushed the limit, what by following the racing line :lol: Dani did nothing wrong.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 2565
Second the above. Of the three - and bearing in mind that this is a racing incident, with no punishable blame apportioned - Dani is the least culpable. Such a shame - it was a great scrap up to that point.

_________________
Where I'm going, I don't need roads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
those yamaha boys would be daft to not test a tech 3 spec bike. zarco is a relatively unknown quantity but i cant believe he is making the difference. maybe for him it just works, but they may at least get some ideas what to do because its very easy for marquez atm and we want to see him at least have to work a bit for it. ive been waiting for marquez and vinales to have a good old ding dong, which looked on at the start of last season, but it hasnt happened really yet. and marquez v rossi is never dull. come on sort it out yamaha


They have already---it's a two-year old bike. The factory Yamaha team is not going to revert to the 2016 bike. They are getting it wrong with the electronics, according to them. I wouldn't say Zarco is an unknown quantity at this point, either. He's legitimately fast. Diminutive, too, which may help him a bit.

I share in your desire to see someone slug it out with Marquez, but it isn't happening right now due to his insane level, and Honda building probably the best overall prototype this year. Hopefully LeMans and Mugello, which theoretically Ducati should be better at, will give him more competition. Marquez is really the only Alien left, to me. If he doesn't get hurt, he might make a serious run on Rossi's win total, something I thought was inconceivable until about his third year. :lol:

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4736
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 343
Cold Gin wrote:
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
those yamaha boys would be daft to not test a tech 3 spec bike. zarco is a relatively unknown quantity but i cant believe he is making the difference. maybe for him it just works, but they may at least get some ideas what to do because its very easy for marquez atm and we want to see him at least have to work a bit for it. ive been waiting for marquez and vinales to have a good old ding dong, which looked on at the start of last season, but it hasnt happened really yet. and marquez v rossi is never dull. come on sort it out yamaha


They have already---it's a two-year old bike. The factory Yamaha team is not going to revert to the 2016 bike. They are getting it wrong with the electronics, according to them. I wouldn't say Zarco is an unknown quantity at this point, either. He's legitimately fast. Diminutive, too, which may help him a bit.

I share in your desire to see someone slug it out with Marquez, but it isn't happening right now due to his insane level, and Honda building probably the best overall prototype this year. Hopefully LeMans and Mugello, which theoretically Ducati should be better at, will give him more competition. Marquez is really the only Alien left, to me. If he doesn't get hurt, he might make a serious run on Rossi's win total, something I thought was inconceivable until about his third year. :lol:


i say zarco is unknown cos he has only been up against folger and syharin but i do think he is very fast over a lap but race pace has been a problem. also he is 27 and only in his 2nd year. if he was that good someone would/should have had him earlier.

regarding the bike and im only going by what i remember reading, the factory bike this year is based on the 2016 chassis but is 'updated'. zarco had the true 2016 bike last year, tried the 2017 bike in testing, and didnt like it so is running the 2016 bike still. i did read a comment from zarco after the monday test that nobody at yamaha has spoke to him about his bike. obviously they have his data but he may have useful feedback.

also the electronics problem is strange. has zarco got something different/older. you wouldnt think yamaha could make the electronics worse but maybe they have. he has been strong in wet conditions aswell where the factory bike has been shocking. its all very strange. and just to add an extra element of confusion its very track dependant.

finally i did read that the team basically puts a lot more weight to rossi' feedback. they are clearly still trying to develop a rossi bike. probably they think he only has a couple more years and vinales has many. maybe why vinales is so frustrated and i do think that he is overall the faster of the 2 at this stage in their careers. thats why i would give him zarcos exact bike and say go on then try that, see if you are quicker then zarco.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26063
tootsie323 wrote:
Second the above. Of the three - and bearing in mind that this is a racing incident, with no punishable blame apportioned - Dani is the least culpable. Such a shame - it was a great scrap up to that point.

Actually the most culpable was the rider that complained that being Dovi, he started it all off by running both himself and Lorenzo wide on the corner, as an aside I wonder what the reaction would have been if Marquez was in the position of any of the 3 riders?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 4th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26063
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
Cold Gin wrote:
Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
those yamaha boys would be daft to not test a tech 3 spec bike. zarco is a relatively unknown quantity but i cant believe he is making the difference. maybe for him it just works, but they may at least get some ideas what to do because its very easy for marquez atm and we want to see him at least have to work a bit for it. ive been waiting for marquez and vinales to have a good old ding dong, which looked on at the start of last season, but it hasnt happened really yet. and marquez v rossi is never dull. come on sort it out yamaha


They have already---it's a two-year old bike. The factory Yamaha team is not going to revert to the 2016 bike. They are getting it wrong with the electronics, according to them. I wouldn't say Zarco is an unknown quantity at this point, either. He's legitimately fast. Diminutive, too, which may help him a bit.

I share in your desire to see someone slug it out with Marquez, but it isn't happening right now due to his insane level, and Honda building probably the best overall prototype this year. Hopefully LeMans and Mugello, which theoretically Ducati should be better at, will give him more competition. Marquez is really the only Alien left, to me. If he doesn't get hurt, he might make a serious run on Rossi's win total, something I thought was inconceivable until about his third year. :lol:


i say zarco is unknown cos he has only been up against folger and syharin but i do think he is very fast over a lap but race pace has been a problem. also he is 27 and only in his 2nd year. if he was that good someone would/should have had him earlier.

regarding the bike and im only going by what i remember reading, the factory bike this year is based on the 2016 chassis but is 'updated'. zarco had the true 2016 bike last year, tried the 2017 bike in testing, and didnt like it so is running the 2016 bike still. i did read a comment from zarco after the monday test that nobody at yamaha has spoke to him about his bike. obviously they have his data but he may have useful feedback.

also the electronics problem is strange. has zarco got something different/older. you wouldnt think yamaha could make the electronics worse but maybe they have. he has been strong in wet conditions aswell where the factory bike has been shocking. its all very strange. and just to add an extra element of confusion its very track dependant.

finally i did read that the team basically puts a lot more weight to rossi' feedback. they are clearly still trying to develop a rossi bike. probably they think he only has a couple more years and vinales has many. maybe why vinales is so frustrated and i do think that he is overall the faster of the 2 at this stage in their careers. thats why i would give him zarcos exact bike and say go on then try that, see if you are quicker then zarco.

I would go along with the last paragraph, the 2017 bike seemed capable of winning races especially in the hands of Vinales but Rossi didn't like it so it got changed.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 4th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 647
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26063
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...

Rossi fans may disagree? :)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 4th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am
Posts: 996
pokerman wrote:
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...

Rossi fans may disagree? :)



Well as it stands I think it's fair to say that Rossi is the GOAT, but right now Marquez is better. In the long run I can see Marquez taking all the records. He started young and if he has the right bike (which is likely - he'd have his pick of teams) there's not really anyone to stop him. Others have good days when it's all hooked up, but Marquez is always there and just seems to be able to do things no other rider can. What I really don't understand is how his style - bike moving all over the place, slides, violent changes of direction etc - still manages to be faster than the tidy riders like Lorenzo. I know he loves the dirt-track and loose surface riding as well but it seems like he can just do whatever he wants, whenever, wherever and he stays up and is STILL fast on tarmac and that just shouldn't translate. Must be bewildering to the other riders who have developed their styles and techniques over the years - like a snooker player sat in the chair watching an on-form Ronnie O'Sullivan casually clearing the table.

How the hell he didn't go down on that gravel defies all explanation.

_________________
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 4736
DOLOMITE wrote:
pokerman wrote:
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...

Rossi fans may disagree? :)



Well as it stands I think it's fair to say that Rossi is the GOAT, but right now Marquez is better. In the long run I can see Marquez taking all the records. He started young and if he has the right bike (which is likely - he'd have his pick of teams) there's not really anyone to stop him. Others have good days when it's all hooked up, but Marquez is always there and just seems to be able to do things no other rider can. What I really don't understand is how his style - bike moving all over the place, slides, violent changes of direction etc - still manages to be faster than the tidy riders like Lorenzo. I know he loves the dirt-track and loose surface riding as well but it seems like he can just do whatever he wants, whenever, wherever and he stays up and is STILL fast on tarmac and that just shouldn't translate. Must be bewildering to the other riders who have developed their styles and techniques over the years - like a snooker player sat in the chair watching an on-form Ronnie O'Sullivan casually clearing the table.

How the hell he didn't go down on that gravel defies all explanation.

Two things I see with Marquez that are unparalleled are his body positioning and his throttle control. He shifts his body weight to such an extreme when hanging off the bike that he can keep the bike at less lean angle while cornering. This helps him brake later and get on the power earlier. His throttle control is also insane. Best I've ever seen by far. When he has moments where he loses the front end he can sometimes save the bike from situations no one else could just with his body and control of the throttle. Even in this last race, the lap after that crash, he flew through the gravel that was on track and had a wicked slide with the rear. That would have dumped most guys into the pavement but he just flew through there like it was nothing.

I would also add that he has no fear of crashing. Marquez crashes almost every race weekend in practice. He insists on finding the limit on very real and certain terms. After a crash, he just gets back on the bike and sets the fastest lap. No tentativeness at all. The kid has no fear whatsoever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
Official: Dovizioso extends deal with Ducati for two more years.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89629 ... i-contract

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Posts: 343
looking like a close competative field so far. wonder how much dovi is getting considering lorenzo is on 12 mil. bet hes still nowhere near.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
BTSport commentators reckon 7-8mill basic salary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Posts: 685
Location: McKinney, TX
zarco! What a lap in front of his countrymen. 👍

_________________
I'd rather die than be overtaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 647
pokerman wrote:
tootsie323 wrote:
Second the above. Of the three - and bearing in mind that this is a racing incident, with no punishable blame apportioned - Dani is the least culpable. Such a shame - it was a great scrap up to that point.

Actually the most culpable was the rider that complained that being Dovi, he started it all off by running both himself and Lorenzo wide on the corner, as an aside I wonder what the reaction would have been if Marquez was in the position of any of the 3 riders?


Rossi would have called a thematic press conference that same afternoon...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 647
pokerman wrote:
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...

Rossi fans may disagree? :)


And they would be mostly wrong. And usually only fanatics would... (-:

Rossi, a little bit like Schumacher (and making a generous allowance for all the countless differences between both sports), was immensely lucky to get most of his successful career with almost no top level competition. Once the new generation of riders came along he barely won anything again... Biaggi and Gibernau are not even at Pedrosa's level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 647
Cold Gin wrote:
zarco! What a lap in front of his countrymen. 👍


That was amazing!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 26063
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
pokerman wrote:
-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Honestly guys, if you like motorcycles racing, you need to appreciate what you're seeing right now. Marquez is an unprecedented talent in the sport. The fastest to ever ride on two wheels without question and he is likely to end his career with most of the records in hand. OK, he won't win as many overall titles as Agostini; who was winning two championships per year on bikes that were 3 seconds faster than the field; but he will almost certainly win the most premiere class titles and the most GPs. Enjoy it while it lasts guys.


True, this...

Rossi fans may disagree? :)


And they would be mostly wrong. And usually only fanatics would... (-:

Rossi, a little bit like Schumacher (and making a generous allowance for all the countless differences between both sports), was immensely lucky to get most of his successful career with almost no top level competition. Once the new generation of riders came along he barely won anything again... Biaggi and Gibernau are not even at Pedrosa's level.

I too see the similarity between the two, no one can deny their achievements but there was also a dearth of talent.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 4th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:14 am
Posts: 91
Does anyone hate the official MotoGP website? It's all over the place, and half the stuff requires membership! I get better satisfaction from Crashnet :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
The motogp.co video section is impossible to navigate


Amazing scenes in moto3. Digi wins then has his first win taken off him with a 3 second penalty. Guy who was miles back in 4th going into the last corner gets the win!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
Motomatters is the best website for motogp

Twitter is good as well. Motomatters, mat Oxley, Hannah Smith all very good


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am
Posts: 151
Very dull motogp race with 2 of the 3 potential race winners crashing out.

Moto2, bagnaia looks fantastic.

Last sector esp last corner before long straight just ruins the racing.

Next up Mugello 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2554


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rockie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group