All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:21 pm 

shoot999 wrote:

:uhoh:

He is a serial offender, here is one from 2015 where he switched off Ajo's bike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 pm 

He should be made to watch from the pit lane for a season, just reckless...if he wanted to make a point he could have gestured, pointed, waved even prodded the rider but to go for the brake lever is crazy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:12 pm 

Disgraceful act by Fenati! I have never seen anything like it in my life. That was unbelievable! He should be banned for the remainder of the season IMO.

In the races, Martin regains the Moto3 lead and he seems to be nursing this injury fairly well while managing to still score points every race. He's far and away the best Moto3 rider this year. Shame about what happened to Marco. That had to hurt.

Moto2, aside from the crazy behavior of Fenati, was a fairly straight forward race at the front. I was happy to see Schrotter finish on the podium at long last. Well deserved. It's firmly a two horse race now between Peco and Oliveira. Oliveira will have to qualify better or I think there will be more races like this one.

In the main event. Who really cares what happens anymore? I hate to say it but Marquez basically already has the championship so it's kind of all academic now. That was a good win for Dovi though. He had to do something to regain the momentum in his battle with Jorge. That one on one matchup between those two is perhaps the most interesting remaining element of the MotoGP season

On a side note, it was a shame to see Rossi struggle so badly. I really do think it's time for Valentino to hang up the helmet. It's not about his level of performance necessarily. He's still riding at a high enough level to be out there on a top bike. It's about the fact that the Yamaha team are completely nowhere and they really need to change direction IMO. This is the longest string of races the factory team has gone in their history without a win. Things are not working at Yamaha and I think it's time they made a fundamental course change as an organization. They trail both the Ducatis and Hondas in basically all areas now and I think they need to let Rossi go and move on from his dominating pressense on the team. They should keep Maverick and add another young rider in the short run IMO. Maybe Morbidelli. I just think Rossi is stifling their growth at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 am 

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/09/1 ... ted/271445

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:30 am 

I am not sure what people expected, to be honest. Only the day before, Rossi denied Marquez a handshake. Not only that, he presented a livid face, full of rage and tension. (Yes, yes, it is my reading of it, but I don't think I am very far off) And amazingly it was Rossi himself who had kicked Marquez voluntarily out of a race, and he has been applauded by about half of the fans and the paddock. Is it any wonder if a hothead like Fenatti gets momentarily confused? He has seen his idol, his former boss, kick people around on the track and be applauded for his actions.
I am seriously disgusted by the double standards.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:

I wonder what the appropriate penalty is for attempted murder?

Bit of a stretch at attempted murder.

As he's now been dropped by his team, dropped by next years team, I think I saw picked up a ban and subsequently retired from racing over this the punishment is likely enough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 pm 

dompclarke wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:

I wonder what the appropriate penalty is for attempted murder?

Bit of a stretch at attempted murder.

As he's now been dropped by his team, dropped by next years team, I think I saw picked up a ban and subsequently retired from racing over this the punishment is likely enough.

Perhaps an over exaggeration. I do wonder though, speaking hypothetically, what would happen in this sort of situation if the victim did want to press some sort of criminal charge. It would probably class as a common assault in English law at least? Not saying anyone should take criminal action. Just wondering if it is possible? People have been criminally prosecuted for violent acts in the sport in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:59 pm 

I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:37 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
I suggested elsewhere on the net that the old bill might want a word with him over it.

Regardless of the actual outcome, his action could have caused the other rider to fall and god only know what that could have resulted in. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but in law 'thankfully' doesnt come into it. Almost certainly a slam dunk common assault in English Law, and you could certainly argue that the intent is there to cause more fear or harm, so much so that it could fall under Battery.

So, I wonder what the penalty should be for Rossi, who actually kicked a fellow racer to the ground. That one wasn't even a hypothetical: kicked to the ground.

I guess Rossi always had a special dispensation because he was funny and smiled more.

Now we needed to live with it and show a little equanimity, but everyone is so happy destroying someone's life for a single mistake.

Good on us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm 

-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

So, I wonder what the penalty should be for Rossi, who actually kicked a fellow racer to the ground. That one wasn't even a hypothetical: kicked to the ground.

I guess Rossi always had a special dispensation because he was funny and smiled more.

Now we needed to live with it and show a little equanimity, but everyone is so happy destroying someone's life for a single mistake.

Good on us.

He's destroyed his own life not us. And it's not one single mistake. Like Rossi he has kicked out at another rider in the past. Would you be happy to share a track with him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 pm 

robins13 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:

Sorry, should not be on the track ever again. This crap has no place in racing.

Scott R, did that very same thing to a racer I supported, and in the end karma almost took that leg from him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:46 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

Good on us.

He's destroyed his own life not us. And it's not one single mistake. Like Rossi he has kicked out at another rider in the past. Would you be happy to share a track with him.

Please, do respond to my question, or my doubts, and do not assume things I have never even hinted to. I never said I liked Fenatti or what he did. The same way I evaluate Rossi as an even more disgraceful individual.

The fact remains, and you avoided it, that Rossi actually kicked someone down while racing, and that we seem to be ok with the vertiginous difference in treatment we have given these two cases.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 pm 

jeffw wrote:
robins13 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:

Sorry, should not be on the track ever again. This crap has no place in racing.

Scott R, did that very same thing to a racer I supported, and in the end karma almost took that leg from him.

Looks like Rossi to me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:14 am 

The Malaysian GP had been preparing for a tense finale, Rossi finally benefitting from a bike Viñales already showed last race it's, finally!- a race winner... Rossi got a great start and stayed first for almost the entire race with great pace and amazing precision.

He and MM had been going near the absolute limit for over 15 laps. MM's rear tire was disintegrating. He had already made a miracle save, which made Iannone overreact and slide off the race.

But with only 4 laps to go, with MM making ground, Rossi lost the bike and it was over, even though it was Marquez's tires that were totally bust, and had been for more than five laps. Amazing.

Marquez has shown this weekend, with over half a second advantage in the wet qualy, and his performance today, what kind of step up in quality he has produced in MotoGP.

Great race by Jorge Martin!

Congrats to him and Bagnaia for titles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:25 am 

Yup, gutted for Rossi, that would have been a popular win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:04 pm 

The Malaysian GP had been preparing for a tense finale, Rossi finally benefitting from a bike Viñales already showed last race it's, finally!- a race winner... Rossi got a great start and stayed first for almost the entire race with great pace and amazing precision.

He and MM had been going near the absolute limit for over 15 laps. MM's rear tire was disintegrating. He had already made a miracle save, which made Iannone overreact and slide off the race.

But with only 4 laps to go, with MM making ground, Rossi lost the bike and it was over, even though it was Marquez's tires that were totally bust, and had been for more than five laps. Amazing.

Marquez has shown this weekend, with over half a second advantage in the wet qualy, and his performance today, what kind of step up in quality he has produced in MotoGP.

Great race by Jorge Martin!

Congrats to him and Bagnaia for titles.

It has to be said that Rossi may not have lead in the first place if not for Marquez's penalty and then Marquez's had to use up his tyres to make back up the ground on what turned out to be a rear tyre limited track.

What's interesting is how much Marquez can live on the limit compared to other riders, twice in the last three races we have seen his main rivals, Rossi and Dovi, drop their bikes late in the race on worn tyres whilst battling for the lead with Marquez, earlier in the season Lorenzo also did the same whilst battling with Marquez.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:25 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
Yup, gutted for Rossi, that would have been a popular win.

Not that gutted. He may have fallen off; but still came away from the meeting with a win and a rider's World Championship as a team owner. :D