planetf1.com
http://cricket365.co.uk/

Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?
http://cricket365.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14791
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MB-BOB [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

So, is the shark fin now gone, or just the T-Wing?

Author:  Fiki [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

According to F1, the shark fin is gone, but not necessarily a kind of T-wing.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/technical/2018/1/tech-insight---how-the-t-wing-could-return-in-2018.html

Edit: also interesting: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/technical/2018/1/what-are-the-new-f1-technical-rules-for-2018-.html

Author:  Exediron [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

Fiki wrote:
According to F1, the shark fin is gone, but not necessarily a kind of T-wing.

Well, that's garbage. The T-wing was the only one I wanted gone! :x

Author:  moby [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

I thought Mclaren had 'Veto'd' loosing the wing as they wanted to put a sponsor on it?

Was it not only to be dropped this year if there was unanimous consent, otherwise it would be next year?


(I know that seems to be an official page, but I thought.....)

Author:  Zoue [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

moby wrote:
I thought Mclaren had 'Veto'd' loosing the wing as they wanted to put a sponsor on it?

Was it not only to be dropped this year if there was unanimous consent, otherwise it would be next year?


(I know that seems to be an official page, but I thought.....)

Yes, I thought the same

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

Exediron wrote:
Fiki wrote:
According to F1, the shark fin is gone, but not necessarily a kind of T-wing.

Well, that's garbage. The T-wing was the only one I wanted gone! :x

It should be much more difficult to see by the looks of the pictures I've seen, kinda looks like it will be hidden by the rear tyres/wing.

Image
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.moto ... 98971/amp/

Author:  Fiki [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

Exediron wrote:
Fiki wrote:
According to F1, the shark fin is gone, but not necessarily a kind of T-wing.

Well, that's garbage. The T-wing was the only one I wanted gone! :x
I can't imagine anybody liking the square shark fins. I didn't mind the pointed ones, but the square ones even make look the sports prototypes like flattened vans.

Author:  Lotus49 [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

moby wrote:
I thought Mclaren had 'Veto'd' loosing the wing as they wanted to put a sponsor on it?

Was it not only to be dropped this year if there was unanimous consent, otherwise it would be next year?


(I know that seems to be an official page, but I thought.....)


They vetoed keeping the shark fin for 2018, either to increase visibility to the rear wing for potential sponsors or just to mess with teams who had designed their cars with the full shark fin in mind and steal a bit of a march there. Never confirmed exactly which one it was but those are the two theories I read.

The main T-wing was just outright banned but the little lower ones like the one Williams ran could still be there.

Plus we'll have some aero details on the Halo.

Author:  moby [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

Lotus49 wrote:
moby wrote:
I thought Mclaren had 'Veto'd' loosing the wing as they wanted to put a sponsor on it?

Was it not only to be dropped this year if there was unanimous consent, otherwise it would be next year?


(I know that seems to be an official page, but I thought.....)


They vetoed keeping the shark fin for 2018, either to increase visibility to the rear wing for potential sponsors or just to mess with teams who had designed their cars with the full shark fin in mind and steal a bit of a march there. Never confirmed exactly which one it was but those are the two theories I read.

The main T-wing was just outright banned but the little lower ones like the one Williams ran could still be there.

Plus we'll have some aero details on the Halo.


Sorry, I put wing, but intended the one we all call shark fin.

As above, there seems to be a position outside the restricted area where the T wing can still be used though.

Author:  Exediron [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

Fiki wrote:
I can't imagine anybody liking the square shark fins. I didn't mind the pointed ones, but the square ones even make look the sports prototypes like flattened vans.

Well then you've met your match, because I liked it.

Author:  Lotus49 [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Shark Fin and T-Wing?

moby wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
moby wrote:
I thought Mclaren had 'Veto'd' loosing the wing as they wanted to put a sponsor on it?

Was it not only to be dropped this year if there was unanimous consent, otherwise it would be next year?


(I know that seems to be an official page, but I thought.....)


They vetoed keeping the shark fin for 2018, either to increase visibility to the rear wing for potential sponsors or just to mess with teams who had designed their cars with the full shark fin in mind and steal a bit of a march there. Never confirmed exactly which one it was but those are the two theories I read.

The main T-wing was just outright banned but the little lower ones like the one Williams ran could still be there.

Plus we'll have some aero details on the Halo.


Sorry, I put wing, but intended the one we all call shark fin.

As above, there seems to be a position outside the restricted area where the T wing can still be used though.


:?

Yeah I addressed both there, McLaren vetoed bringing back the bigger shark fin like we had last year so it's still banned for this year and there may still be some Williams like T-Wings lower down near the monkey seat (The pic above Black Flag posted) but the main T-wing which could sit at the top of the now smaller shark fin is still banned.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/