planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
Race is starting in 30 minutes and like normal with Fe, I completely forgot with such a large gap between races at this time of year!

I've not seen qualifying, but really looking forward to the race, I enjoyed this track last year.

P.s. Sorry I can't make as good OPs as we've all been used for the past 3 years (can't remember who it was who did them, but they were really good), I'm not prepared for it and only on my phone.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
Buemi on pole.
P2 - Bird
P3 - Rosenqvist

That's a good top 3 :)

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12945
Looking forward to the race. A shame we have to endure another round with the minimum pitstop time but hopefully this should be the last time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
I see they're sticking with the pre recorded cringe intro!

(Although I did enjoy it the first time)

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
Well not the most exciting race ever but a good result from Rosenqvist and Bird did a good job to hold onto 3rd with gear issues at the end of his first stint.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12945
The timing of the VSC was a shame.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
mikeyg123 wrote:
The timing of the VSC was a shame.

Yeah, started a lap late and finished a lap early.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 24872
Rosenqvist seems to impress in everything he drives.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 12th

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 2151
Shame that VSC ruined the race for a few drivers, including Evans. Glad to see Jaguar making good progress.

_________________
I remember when this website was all fields.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 1739
Another great result for Rosenqvist. Bird scoring consistently top positions. And a strong debut for Blomqvist!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4963
Location: Michigan, USA
minchy wrote:
I see they're sticking with the pre recorded cringe intro!

(Although I did enjoy it the first time)

I still have no idea what you mean, so I have to conclude that it isn't something that appears on my coverage... all I see is that the cars line up, they smoke their wheels and advance, and then the lights go out and they race. There's no intro.

As for the race, not the most exciting FE race ever, but also higher quality in terms of driving than many. FRO continues to establish himself as a top driver in the championship, N. Prost continues to disappoint me, and Lotterer still seems to be shockingly at sea in Formula E.

But at least the winner didn't use FanBoost. :twisted:

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
I have tried to watch this form of racing several times (on TV) since the series began. I have kept an open mind about it, because racing is racing. And I am a fan of electric cars, hoping to buy a Tesla Model 3 in a couple of years.

But the whining noise these cars makes comprises white noise to me, and I find myself nodding off. Try as I might, I haven't watched a single race from beginning to end, yet. Not trying to be critical. But this form of racing literally puts me to sleep.

_________________
Short-time member, Life-Long Fan from 1965 -- More than 550 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Last edited by MB-BOB on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 24872
MB-BOB wrote:
I have tried to watch this form of racing several times since the series began. I have kept an open mind about it, because racing is racing. And I am a fan of electric cars, hoping to buy a Tesla Model 3 in a couple of years.

But the whining noise these cars makes comprises white noise to me, and I find myself nodding off. Try as I might, I haven't watched a single race from beginning to end, yet. Not trying to be critical. But this form of racing literally puts me to sleep.

Indeed and if it's the future on motorsport how popular will it really become?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 12th

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5635
Location: Mumbai, India
I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - www.autoweek.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 24872
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - http://www.autoweek.com

Is that when they believed designing a car like a brick was cutting edge aerodynamics? :lol:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 12th

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
I'm sure many of You have played GT6. The sound of these electric cars reminds me of the Chaparral 2X car:

Image
Source - http://www.autoweek.com

Is that when they believed designing a car like a brick was cutting edge aerodynamics? :lol:


The Chapparal 2J (not 2X) was a fan-based ground effects car, operating similarly to the 1978 Brabham 46B F1 fan car... only 8 years prior, in 1970. The bodywork sealed the car to the track and the visible fans in back sucked the air from under the car. http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports ... j-history/

And yes, the Brabham was a more attractive package. But it did not need to suck up as much air as the Can-Am racer.

_________________
Short-time member, Life-Long Fan from 1965 -- More than 550 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Last edited by MB-BOB on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5134
One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4963
Location: Michigan, USA
minchy wrote:
One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

Yeah, I've drifted off watching FE races late at night, but it's got nothing to do with the noise. I've drifted off watching Grands Prix before the V6 era as well. In fact, I actually think the V8 engines became a really unpleasant sort of background noise on TV, and it wasn't at all engaging. I was re-watching some races from that era not too long ago, and I'd forgotten how annoying they sounded. The V10s are a different story, though.

(I actually think the FE engines sound cool, BTW)

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7928
Exediron wrote:
minchy wrote:
One of the things formula e suffers from is that the noise of the cars really don't come across on TV. Watching live they sound a lot better. But it's all personal and relative to the individual and situation, I've drifted off numerous times watching f1 or touring cars myself, but then again I did also fall asleep during a Slip Knot gig once, so my sleeping behaviour isn't much to go on!

Yeah, I've drifted off watching FE races late at night, but it's got nothing to do with the noise. I've drifted off watching Grands Prix before the V6 era as well. In fact, I actually think the V8 engines became a really unpleasant sort of background noise on TV, and it wasn't at all engaging. I was re-watching some races from that era not too long ago, and I'd forgotten how annoying they sounded. The V10s are a different story, though.

(I actually think the FE engines sound cool, BTW)



Perhaps they should add rattling milk bottles to go with the sound of milk floats :lol:

PS I do like FE, not really intended as an insult.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davidheath461 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group