planetf1.com

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 am 

pokerman wrote:

No he didn't throw a tantrum but i'm intrigued what you mean about him having problems?

I think he was very open that after dominating the regulations and winning 4 titles in a row he didn't adjust to the change in regulations.
<https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/116015/vettel-says-2014-car-doesnt-suit-him>

I've never read or heard he throw a tantrum at the Merc domination in 2014-2017 like other drivers kept talking about him and the Red Bull
during the Red Bull domination, which IMO was much less dominant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
To be honest I can't remember, all I remember is Hamilton feeling the need to tell the team that Rosberg hit him and then the initial claim from Lauda that Hamilton hit Rosberg's car when he tried to rejoin the track which damaged Rosberg's car.

Says here he blamed Nico anyway. http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/167 ... -collision

Read carefully he thinks the cars collided when Hamilton tried to return to the track as in the second incident so he's somewhat confused, but yes he thought it was Rosberg's fault but he wasn't sure.

For myself I remembered him thinking the cars hit one another when Hamilton was trying to return to the track and I'm sure he said in that instance on the TV that Lewis hit Nico.

I thought he did hit him when he returned to the track but just checked and it's unclear and I can't find a Lewis onboard but frankly who cares once you know why he was off track in the first place. I think it's clear enough what they saw in Austria...

Quote:
Wolff told German television that both brakes on Rosberg's car "were at the end."

"He (Rosberg) didn't give him enough space. It's a pity, it shouldn't happen," Wolff said.

Team director Niki Lauda also blamed Rosberg, saying, "Nico had tried at all cost to prevent Lewis from overtaking with non-functioning brakes."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lewis- ... 86816.html

Why ask about Austria anyway?

I think I just remember the bit were Lauda said that Hamilton hit Rosberg's car, I guess that would have been before he double checked?

He might have been talking about when Lewis rejoined and the live feed did make it look like he clipped Nico's wing when he re-entered the track and Nico's wing blew. I don't think he actually did but it looked it on the feed so maybe Niki saw that but I've no idea obviously.

But the first contact, the important one, they both blamed Nico. Same with Spa, only Spain did they think Lewis contributed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am 

AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

No he didn't throw a tantrum but i'm intrigued what you mean about him having problems?

I think he was very open that after dominating the regulations and winning 4 titles in a row he didn't adjust to the change in regulations.

I've never read or heard he throw a tantrum at the Merc domination in 2014-2017 like other drivers kept talking about him and the Red Bull

I like the wording how Vettel dominated the regulations rather than Red Bull themselves. :)

Regarding him not complaining about the Mercedes domination of 2014-2016, notice I left off 2017, a car slower than the 2010 and 2011 Red Bulls, imagine the flak he would have got after he benefited himself from the Red Bull years?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:58 am 

pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

I like the wording how Vettel dominated the regulations rather than Red Bull themselves. :)

Regarding him not complaining about the Mercedes domination of 2014-2016, notice I left off 2017, a car slower than the 2010 and 2011 Red Bulls, imagine the flak he would have got after he benefited himself from the Red Bull years?

Whatever you might imagine, it's still true to say that he hasn't moaned about the Mercs in the way that his rivals did about the Red Bulls when he was winning. No idea what point you are trying to make about the 2017 Mercedes apparently being slower than the 2010 and 2011 Red Bulls, or why it's even in a conversation about whether Vettel threw a tantrum.

Anyway, it's to a degree subjective of course but there is an argument to say that Vettel did dominate during his Red Bull years. Of course the car plays a part but it's undeniable that he got much more out of the car than Webber, to the extent that in Webber's hands the Red Bull merely looked good, not dominant, and innumerable articles were written at the time on how his driving style in particular was able to take best advantage out of the cars of the time. Without him there it's debatable whether Red Bull would have won both titles four years on the trot, something which certainly can't be said about the Mercs of 2014-2016 (but not 2017), so I think he can at least share in the accolades on domination.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 am 

pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Surely one is as right as the other. I didn't see Webber making the car loo dominant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Surely one is as right as the other. I didn't see Webber making the car loo dominant.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:19 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
They usually go before the race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqy4uClJcs4 ;)

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:12 pm 

Fiki wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
They usually go before the race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqy4uClJcs4 ;)

Or in the car!