planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 pm 

Well.
Only 116 days till Australia. And 114 days till track action in Melbourne.

What you most looking forward too non formula 1 action now we are in the winter break??? (Excluding Christmas and New year.)

For me.
It's my birthday on the 17th December.
The grand tour returns on the 4th December.

What does winter bring for the formula 1 fans this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm 

Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm 

Summer in Australia so for me the off season means 35 degree days, BBQ's, beaches, getting on my motor bike and just riding.

Oh yeah........... and this. :nod: ;)

https://s.ndtvimg.com/images/stories/australia-640-ashes-celebrations.jpg

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!

I admire your optiism :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 pm 

Will find it interesting to see what goes on here in the off season. My experience with some other racing forums is that the discussion gets at least somewhat vicious during the off season due to the fact that participants are only able to rehash already covered information.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm 

Mort Canard wrote:
Will find it interesting to see what goes on here in the off season. My experience with some other racing forums is that the discussion gets at least somewhat vicious during the off season due to the fact that participants are only able to rehash already covered information.

It varies from year to year, generally. Most of the time it's quiet around here and it's mostly good-natured - often the in-depth forum gets a few more posts than usual because the prople that have stuck around are the most hardcore fans we have and we get some great insights. I'm hoping this year is another of those. Or at least that we get a few more alternative history ideas from a few people, the last one seemed to go down well.

@Zoue - it's not optimism, it's more me getting geared up to say it doesn't work again. But change is still nice :P

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 pm 

how about the new F1 logo ? why change something that is recognised tru out the world, but they must feel it will help stamp their authority on the sport , and seriously is this an important issue ?

I do hope that f1's new owners don't worry about completely unimportant issues such as this
a complete waste of time and completely unneeded , and won't this further the sport ,yes indeed -well done liberty media !
and I for one will look forward eagerly to hear their next great idea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 pm 

Well, I think it's going to be quieter than last off season, that's for sure. Hoping to get back to Silverstone next year, its been a few years now for me, so ill be saving all off season for that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 pm 

I hope Renault can pull out all the stops engine wise and we get an Alonso/Ricciardo title battle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:43 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
I hope Renault can pull out all the stops engine wise and we get an Alonso/Ricciardo title battle.

I'd add Lewis,Seb and Max for an epic season battle but yeah I really hope Renault nail it in particular.

I can imagine we're going to get a boat load of rumors going around McLaren sponsor wise,Renault reliability wise and Honda dyno performance matching Mercedes wise to keep us all going.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:45 pm 

Rumors of McLaren securing Petrobras as a sponsor going around. http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns37858.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:

Awesome! I just posted in the suggestions thread that this forum looks a bit dated. Looking forward to a more modern interface.

This offseason will be boring. Unless Ferrari miraculously push the envelope, expect Mercedes to dominate next year once again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 am 

Bentrovato wrote:
This offseason will be boring. Unless Ferrari miraculously push the envelope, expect Mercedes to dominate next year once again.

The off-season will be very tense for every Macca fan, so I'll be waiting for testing with a now-familiar combination of expectation and dread! :uhoh:

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm 

Bentrovato wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

Awesome! I just posted in the suggestions thread that this forum looks a bit dated. Looking forward to a more modern interface.

Interface likely won't change, but the server errors should be history.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Bentrovato wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

Interface likely won't change, but the server errors should be history.

Hopefully it won't be like Garmin's forum update. They went from something very similar to the way this site is right now to what looked like just a stylistic update of the existing forum months ago and pervasive login went away and you have to do a captcha for every post even when logged in to this day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm 

Did anyone else see Horner's interview with DC and Webber? I thought there would be fodder there for the whole off season, but not a dickiebird about it.

They were talking about the Renault engine and dealing with the Renault guys.
Asked how he got on with Cyril Abiteboul, Horner called him 'Squirrel Irritable'.

I found it hilarious, but expected some backlash, which does not seem to have happened.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 pm 

moby wrote:
Did anyone else see Horner's interview with DC and Webber? I thought there would be fodder there for the whole off season, but not a dickiebird about it.

Asked how he got on with Cyril Abiteboul, Horner called him 'Squirrel Irritable'.

I found it hilarious, but expected some backlash, which does not seem to have happened.

Perhaps the backlash has already happened. Renault are dropping them after 2018 after all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm 

j man wrote:
moby wrote:

Perhaps the backlash has already happened. Renault are dropping them after 2018 after all.

That is between Renault and RBR. Squi, erm, sorry Cyril does not seem the type to let something personal like this go.