planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 1437
Well.
Only 116 days till Australia. And 114 days till track action in Melbourne.

What you most looking forward too non formula 1 action now we are in the winter break??? (Excluding Christmas and New year.)

For me.
It's my birthday on the 17th December.
The grand tour returns on the 4th December.

What does winter bring for the formula 1 fans this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3028
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 885
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Summer in Australia so for me the off season means 35 degree days, BBQ's, beaches, getting on my motor bike and just riding.



Oh yeah........... and this. :nod: ;)


Image
https://s.ndtvimg.com/images/stories/australia-640-ashes-celebrations.jpg

_________________
Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way when you do judge him, you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 20988
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!

I admire your optiism :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 40
Location: Kansas
Will find it interesting to see what goes on here in the off season. My experience with some other racing forums is that the discussion gets at least somewhat vicious during the off season due to the fact that participants are only able to rehash already covered information.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3028
Mort Canard wrote:
Will find it interesting to see what goes on here in the off season. My experience with some other racing forums is that the discussion gets at least somewhat vicious during the off season due to the fact that participants are only able to rehash already covered information.

It varies from year to year, generally. Most of the time it's quiet around here and it's mostly good-natured - often the in-depth forum gets a few more posts than usual because the prople that have stuck around are the most hardcore fans we have and we get some great insights. I'm hoping this year is another of those. Or at least that we get a few more alternative history ideas from a few people, the last one seemed to go down well.

@Zoue - it's not optimism, it's more me getting geared up to say it doesn't work again. But change is still nice :P

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 1412
how about the new F1 logo ? why change something that is recognised tru out the world, but they must feel it will help stamp their authority on the sport , and seriously is this an important issue ?

I do hope that f1's new owners don't worry about completely unimportant issues such as this
a complete waste of time and completely unneeded , and won't this further the sport ,yes indeed -well done liberty media !
and I for one will look forward eagerly to hear their next great idea


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2186
Location: England
Well, I think it's going to be quieter than last off season, that's for sure. Hoping to get back to Silverstone next year, its been a few years now for me, so ill be saving all off season for that.

_________________
http://tsatr.mooo.com
The Sun and The Rain - The reluctant runner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 1778
I hope Renault can pull out all the stops engine wise and we get an Alonso/Ricciardo title battle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 3614
GingerFurball wrote:
I hope Renault can pull out all the stops engine wise and we get an Alonso/Ricciardo title battle.


I'd add Lewis,Seb and Max for an epic season battle but yeah I really hope Renault nail it in particular.

I can imagine we're going to get a boat load of rumors going around McLaren sponsor wise,Renault reliability wise and Honda dyno performance matching Mercedes wise to keep us all going.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 3614
Rumors of McLaren securing Petrobras as a sponsor going around. http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns37858.html

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:41 am
Posts: 673
Location: Toronto, Canada
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!


Awesome! I just posted in the suggestions thread that this forum looks a bit dated. Looking forward to a more modern interface.

This offseason will be boring. Unless Ferrari miraculously push the envelope, expect Mercedes to dominate next year once again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4545
Location: Michigan, USA
Bentrovato wrote:
This offseason will be boring. Unless Ferrari miraculously push the envelope, expect Mercedes to dominate next year once again.

The off-season will be very tense for every Macca fan, so I'll be waiting for testing with a now-familiar combination of expectation and dread! :uhoh:

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3028
Bentrovato wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!


Awesome! I just posted in the suggestions thread that this forum looks a bit dated. Looking forward to a more modern interface.

Interface likely won't change, but the server errors should be history.

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4534
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Bentrovato wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Apparently we're getting a forum upgrade. Right now that's probably the most exciting thing to look forward to in my immediate future.

For those members who tend to disappear during the off-season, have a great holiday, see you in the new year. For the rest of you, let's try not to go completely insane over the next 16 weeks!


Awesome! I just posted in the suggestions thread that this forum looks a bit dated. Looking forward to a more modern interface.

Interface likely won't change, but the server errors should be history.

Hopefully it won't be like Garmin's forum update. They went from something very similar to the way this site is right now to what looked like just a stylistic update of the existing forum months ago and pervasive login went away and you have to do a captcha for every post even when logged in to this day.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7798
Did anyone else see Horner's interview with DC and Webber? I thought there would be fodder there for the whole off season, but not a dickiebird about it.

They were talking about the Renault engine and dealing with the Renault guys.
Asked how he got on with Cyril Abiteboul, Horner called him 'Squirrel Irritable'.

I found it hilarious, but expected some backlash, which does not seem to have happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 2557
Location: UK
moby wrote:
Did anyone else see Horner's interview with DC and Webber? I thought there would be fodder there for the whole off season, but not a dickiebird about it.

They were talking about the Renault engine and dealing with the Renault guys.
Asked how he got on with Cyril Abiteboul, Horner called him 'Squirrel Irritable'.

I found it hilarious, but expected some backlash, which does not seem to have happened.

Perhaps the backlash has already happened. Renault are dropping them after 2018 after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7798
j man wrote:
moby wrote:
Did anyone else see Horner's interview with DC and Webber? I thought there would be fodder there for the whole off season, but not a dickiebird about it.

They were talking about the Renault engine and dealing with the Renault guys.
Asked how he got on with Cyril Abiteboul, Horner called him 'Squirrel Irritable'.

I found it hilarious, but expected some backlash, which does not seem to have happened.

Perhaps the backlash has already happened. Renault are dropping them after 2018 after all.


That is between Renault and RBR. Squi, erm, sorry Cyril does not seem the type to let something personal like this go.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fantaribo and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group