planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:22 pm 

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6232 ... next_year/

Reports coming in that Fernando will do most of the WEC season next year, along with F1!

8O

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm 

IDrinkYourMilkshake wrote:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/623220/Fernando_Alonso_to_race_Le_Mans_next_year/

Reports coming in that Fernando will do most of the WEC season next year, along with F1!

8O

My first thought was "no way" but as I checked the respective schedules, only October 21st is in conflict with the WEC at Fuji and Formula One at COTA.

I can understand the perspectives from both teams. McLaren want their star driver fresh and focused. Toyota would like to have their drivers do all the races.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm 

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/623220/Fernando_Alonso_to_race_Le_Mans_next_year/

8O

If Alonso wins both championships (and Le Mans) he can drop the microphone and walk away lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm 

Le Mans is such a tricky one to win. Being the fastest driver is nowhere near as important, you need a lot of luck to even finish... I’d love to see more F1 drivers having a go though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:50 am 

Syholl wrote:
Le Mans is such a tricky one to win. Being the fastest driver is nowhere near as important, you need a lot of luck to even finish... I’d love to see more F1 drivers having a go though.

Especially in a Toyota

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:03 pm 

Apparently, when Alonso went to the Toyota facility in Cologne for a seat fitting, he also did some time in their simulator.

Today is is confirmed that Alonso will join Thomas Laurent in piloting the TS050 HYBRID during Sunday's (tomorrow) rookie test.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:43 am 

8O

Wow I didn’t see this until now, that would be incredible if so, probably pull a lot of potential fans into WEC from F1 too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm 

mcdo wrote:
Syholl wrote:

Especially in a Toyota

Seems strange not to see the name Honda in that sentence :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:32 am 

While it would be great to see on a regular basis (I know some drivers have done LM before, during or after their F1 Career), I don't think it will happen, I have to agree with those who think it is about cementing some kind of legacy in moror sport (which being a 2x WDC doesn't) or it could be as this year was, Mclaren trying to keep him happy by playing around in other Series.

It will be the 1st year of the Mclaren swicth to Renault (or whatever the hell they'll Brand their engines) so, will the expect to have much greater perfomance, they ain't going to suddenly be chasing championships, if they were, no driver would be doing anything other than F1.