planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm 

Quote:
Due to starting at the back Hartley didn't really get a fair go in Austin to show how good he can be so I think it's fair that he's being given another go in Mexico.

Hartley isn't there to prove himself. He's there as a stopgap. If teams wanted him in F1, they would've picked him up before. Sounds harsh, but I think the guy should stick to the LMP's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Yet another (re)boot for Kvyat!

Reports state Verstappen is feeling optimistic. :]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am 

It's permanent, the guy is quick sometimes but he just makes too many mistakes. He could do well in other series though and he is still only 23 ...

http://en.f1i.com/news/283740-kvyat-dro ... ently.html

"Kvyat will not return again," Marko told Germany's Auto Bild. "We do not believe he can make the turnaround in the long term." Marko also confirmed that the Hartley-Gasly pairing would remain in place for the final three races of 2017. "Gasly and Hartley will finish the season," he said. "Then we'll see what happens."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 am 

This is for the better imo. It had been clear for a long time he had no actual future with RBR/STR. Must have been a hard time for him to be thrown about, especially the last few races. Better to end it altogether.

I hope he finds something to find joy in racing again though. He's pretty alright and in a more friendly environment with confidence he can still be a great driver.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 am 

mds wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Yet another (re)boot for Kvyat!

Reports state Verstappen is feeling optimistic. :]

Yep Kvyat dropped for good this time so Verstappen wins Mexico. :)

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 am 

OSB - Danil

(Other Sports Beckon)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 am 

THIS is precisely why I feel drivers should make moves that are in THEIR best interests and SCREW the team.

I realize the teams pay for the show but they USE these guys as they feel best suits their agendas and the moment they feel they no longer fit that bill they give them the boot. Kvyat did not deserve the demotion from Red Bull fr max as he was not being outclassed by Ricciardo and the only reason they decide to promote Max was just so they wouldn't lose him to another team. While Max is proving to be the best driver they employ, he has ZERO loyalty to the team or anyone for that matter and I sincerely hope their decision to make him their golden boy comes back to bite them in the pickle. Max has made it very clear his loyalties lie with him and him alone.

Red Bull is the stop gap to driving for another team and the moment he hears that knock on his door, he is out like a trout!

Helmut Marko has always rubbed me the wrong way and you'd think for someone who's career was sadly cut short due to a very unfortunate incident he'd be a little less… well… less of an donkey.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:12 am 

Where he earned the nickname 'Torpedo':

The incident that sealed his fate:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:10 am 

I don't enjoy seeing anyone miss out on achieving something they obviously care dearly about, but on the bright side it has opened the way for Hartley who I've very quickly warmed too at least in terms of his personality.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:36 am 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
THIS is precisely why I feel drivers should make moves that are in THEIR best interests and SCREW the team.

They always make moves they consider to be in their best interest. All of them, no exception. Why do you think Kvyat signed up for the Red Bull Junior Team? Because he knew he'd stand a very good, much better than average, chance of landing an F1 drive if he kept performing.

Quote:
Helmut Marko has always rubbed me the wrong way and you'd think for someone who's career was sadly cut short due to a very unfortunate incident he'd be a little less… well… less of an donkey.

He has a clear goal, to choose the best drivers to put in F1. Kvyat has not proven to be the one. He has gotten 4 seasons in F1, which is better than a lot of young aspiring drivers get. He's free to look elsewhere though - if he has convinced others, then with the help of with some Russian sponsors, he could have a future in F1. If he hasn't convinced anyone then I don't know why RBR/STR should continue giving him a drive either. They don't owe him, they gave him a very decent shot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 pm 

Kvyat announcing his move to FE in 3...2...

They've put a former Indy champ in an STR before and Newgarden said he'd still like a shot at F1. Come on Marko, give him a test.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Kvyat announcing his move to FE in 3...2...

They've put a former Indy champ in an STR before and Newgarden said he'd still like a shot at F1. Come on Marko, give him a test.

It would be a long shot because he has a contract with Chevrolet. STR should test Rossi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:24 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:

I realize the teams pay for the show but they USE these guys as they feel best suits their agendas and the moment they feel they no longer fit that bill they give them the boot. Kvyat did not deserve the demotion from Red Bull fr max as he was not being outclassed by Ricciardo and the only reason they decide to promote Max was just so they wouldn't lose him to another team. While Max is proving to be the best driver they employ, he has ZERO loyalty to the team or anyone for that matter and I sincerely hope their decision to make him their golden boy comes back to bite them in the pickle. Max has made it very clear his loyalties lie with him and him alone.

Red Bull is the stop gap to driving for another team and the moment he hears that knock on his door, he is out like a trout!

I actually think you are wrong, Kvyat was getting out classed by Ricciardo in 2016, I think a lucky podium after he himself triggered collisions between faster cars perhaps colours how well he was actually doing, it was during this period that Vettel called Kvyat the torpedo and to his credit Kvyat saw the funny side of that and has taken onboard the nickname.

On the loyalty side I think Verstappen again proves you wrong by signing a 3 year contract with Red Bull thus taking away his ability to just jump ship whenever it pleases him.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:40 pm 

If you think Verstappen can't get out of a 3-year "Contract" you're wrong.

Every top driver has some sort of performance based get out clause that is the ace up their sleeves to say "hey I'm opting out because you guys didn't build a car I can dominate with" and they can opt out that way. The 3-year deal means they have a seat for at least 3 years so long as they continue to produce, but if they begin to slump or lose a bit of speed, the teams wont hesitate to put someone else in the car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:

C'mon with the fist video already. Kvyat's move there was nothing short of brilliant perfection and the fact that Vettel was caught off guard is total and utter cow manure of the smelliest kind because had the roles been reversed and Vettel dove down the inside like that he'd have NO HESITATION in telling Kvyat Tough Luck.
The Double shunt in Russia however, Kvyat was caught off guard in the initial contact but in the 2nd point of contact Vettel CLEARLY lifted in a pure acceleration zone to the point it was like a serious brake check, so I put that 2nd contact on Vettel. No one else. Again, had the roles been reversed in that 2nd contact Vettel would have been fuming and accusing Kvyat of a serious brake check. And if you doubt that look at the incident in Baku with Lewis earlier this year where Vettel bumped into Hamilton as VERY slow speed and then got so mad he went around the left of Hamilton to gherkin and moan about his own lack of attention and then rammed into Lewis (although I think the wheel moving over was a consequence of him moving in the cockpit in such a demonstrative way and the wheel moved in a way he didn't intend).

Anyone who blames this on Kvyat is flat out wrong, period. he was completely under control and Vettel veered out wide and then wanted to turn in as Kimi was turning in on him, but teammates contending with one another IS NOT Kvyat's problem. He negotiated that move flawlessly to a T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WPWQi-2DFU

Sorry but this forum does not allow me to embed Youtube links so anyone, feel free to explain to me how to do it. It would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:16 pm 

China 2016 was absolutely not Kvyat's fault. He made a total legit move which Vettel made a big deal out of to deflect from him running into Kimi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

C'mon with the fist video already. Kvyat's move there was nothing short of brilliant perfection and the fact that Vettel was caught off guard is total and utter cow manure of the smelliest kind because had the roles been reversed and Vettel dove down the inside like that he'd have NO HESITATION in telling Kvyat Tough Luck.
The Double shunt in Russia however, Kvyat was caught off guard in the initial contact but in the 2nd point of contact Vettel CLEARLY lifted in a pure acceleration zone to the point it was like a serious brake check, so I put that 2nd contact on Vettel. No one else. Again, had the roles been reversed in that 2nd contact Vettel would have been fuming and accusing Kvyat of a serious brake check. And if you doubt that look at the incident in Baku with Lewis earlier this year where Vettel bumped into Hamilton as VERY slow speed and then got so mad he went around the left of Hamilton to gherkin and moan about his own lack of attention and then rammed into Lewis (although I think the wheel moving over was a consequence of him moving in the cockpit in such a demonstrative way and the wheel moved in a way he didn't intend).

Anyone who blames this on Kvyat is flat out wrong, period. he was completely under control and Vettel veered out wide and then wanted to turn in as Kimi was turning in on him, but teammates contending with one another IS NOT Kvyat's problem. He negotiated that move flawlessly to a T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WPWQi-2DFU

Sorry but this forum does not allow me to embed Youtube links so anyone, feel free to explain to me how to do it. It would be greatly appreciated.

The 1st video was put to show where he earned the nickname 'Torpedo'. That's it.

The Youtube link which You wish to post here, I've highlighted the text that doesn't need to be pasted. Can You see the option to post a Youtube video above the edit text window? Click on Youtube option - paste / copy only the part of the link that's not in Red i.e. all the text ahead of '='.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Vettel CLEARLY lifted in a pure acceleration zone to the point it was like a serious brake check, so I put that 2nd contact on Vettel. No one else

Vettel had damage (puncture IIRC) caused by Kvyat and had to slow down. Even then, it was not a brake check, it was far more gradual and most F1 drivers would have avoided that - these guys have quite amazing reflexes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

I have been impressed with Hartley so far. To me he reminds of Jenson Button, a thoughtful, intelligent late bloomer with careful precise racecraft. His WEC career has given him some good racing experience too and I would not be surprised if he eventually ends up in the Red Bull team over time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:19 pm 

mas wrote:
I have been impressed with Hartley so far. To me he reminds of Jenson Button, a thoughtful, intelligent late bloomer with careful precise racecraft. His WEC career has given him some good racing experience too and I would not be surprised if he eventually ends up in the Red Bull team over time.

Yeah. He making Q2. The more rate Gasly didn't make it. This gives a good indication about Hartley.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm 

Well now Jenson's retired I need a new smart smooth driver to support, let's hope he's up to the task 😎

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm 

Hartley looks worth a 2018 drive. He has the respect of the Red Bull ownership for coming back strongly after they spat him out.