planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 am

All times are UTC

Where is HAM going to win the 2017 WDC title?
Austin 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Mexico 53%  53%  [ 31 ]
Brazil 31%  31%  [ 18 ]
Abu Dhabi 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Lose it 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 59
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am 

Not the next race. Get the feeling if there are no issues it will be Lewis/Vettel on top 3. The order.. unsure. Get the feeling Lewis just might nab the win and Seb 2nd.

I think the race after.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 pm 

I can see the Ferrari PU giving more issues in the run in so I think it will be quickly wrapped up by Lewis. Gone for Mexico.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:54 pm 

Here are the permutations for Austin and Mexico for Hamilton being WDC in those races. I've only bother with Vettel podium finishes / 1 victory for Mexico as there are MANY MANY permutations that make Hamilton WDC in that race, and if he doesn't get a double podium or a victory it's virtually guaranteed to be Hamilton's
Code:
Hamilton Champion in Austin if:

Austin:
VET 6th    HAM 1st
VET 9th    HAM 2nd   

Hamilton Chamption in Mexico if:

Austin / Mexico (either order)
VET 1st/2nd     HAM 5th/1st
VET 1st/3rd     HAM 8th/1st or 3rd/2nd
VET 2nd/2nd     HAM 3rd/4th or 1st/9th
VET 2nd/3rd     HAM 1st/DNS or 2nd/7th or 3rd/5th or 4th/4th
VET 3rd/3rd     HAM 1st/DNS or 2nd/8th or 4th/5th

VET 1st/4th     HAM 1st/8th  or 2nd/5th or 3rd/3rd
VET 1st/5th     HAM 1st/10th or 2nd/6th or 3rd/4th
VET 1st/6th     HAM 1st/DNS  or 2nd/7th or 3rd/5th or 4th/4th
VET 1st/7th     HAM 1st/DNS  or 2nd/8th or 3rd/6th or 4th/5th
VET 1st/8th     HAM 1st/DNS  or 2nd/9th or 3rd/7th or 4th/6th or 5th/5th
VET 1st/9th     HAM 2nd/DNS  or 3rd/8th or 4th/7th or 5th/6th
VET 1st/11th    HAM 2nd/DNS  or 3rd/10th or 4th/8th or 5th/7th or 6th/6th

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:41 pm 

I voted Brazil..

But whilst the points gap is formidable, I have to agree that its 'not over till its over'.. Whilst Mercedes have fantastic reliability this year, its very conceivable that gremlins and troubles begin to encroach on Lewis's performances. That being said, his ability to finish 4/5th etc and still clinch the title favors him immeasurably.

I think Ferrari will be all gravy moving forward, and that can give us some fantastic races in the close of this season. Austin will no doubt be a 3-way battle for the lead, and for that matter - Mexico.. I think Mercedes could edge Brazil though - and thats where I would imagine Lewis clinches the title!

Does anyone have any information on the elements used by each driver and what races each PU/Turbo has done?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 pm 

Austin I say. Hammy will win and Ferrari will continue to have PU issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am 

I put Brazil. The reason being Ferrari just need to beat Lewis once although Lewis is favourite going to Austin.

Lewis has had such a good run lately this half of the season and won all the Austin races iirc, his form and luck has to end at some point. I also think Ferrari are going to run very aggressively now as they have nothing to lose. Might as well throw all their aces left up their sleeve. Vettel has to get a result at some point too or viewership will drop and Ferrari will be on the back foot next season.

Let's not forget Red Bull probably can win another race and Bottas hasn't been much help second half of the season. Lewis due a DNF one day too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am 

pendulumeffect wrote:
Lewis has had such a good run lately this half of the season and won all the Austin races iirc, his form and luck has to end at some point.

Yes I sometimes feel that Hamilton has his very own version of Newton's law, being for every success, there must be an equal and opposite disaster. Since the break, we have seen the success.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 pm 

I reckon Brazil.

I've read that both RB drivers will take engine penalties at some point, so that just helps his cause no end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 pm 

pendulumeffect wrote:
I put Brazil. The reason being Ferrari just need to beat Lewis once although Lewis is favourite going to Austin.

Lewis has had such a good run lately this half of the season and won all the Austin races iirc, his form and luck has to end at some point. I also think Ferrari are going to run very aggressively now as they have nothing to lose. Might as well throw all their aces left up their sleeve. Vettel has to get a result at some point too or viewership will drop and Ferrari will be on the back foot next season.

Let's not forget Red Bull probably can win another race and Bottas hasn't been much help second half of the season. Lewis due a DNF one day too.

I think Seb won one of the Austin races?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 pm 

Yellowbin74 wrote:
pendulumeffect wrote:

I think Seb won one of the Austin races?

Yeah 2013 during his run of 9 consecutive wins. Hamilton has all the rest though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 pm 

What we need here is a double points Abu Dhabi!

I'd say he won the championship in Hungary when he gave the position back to Valterri. Do good things and good things happen to you :)

If Valterri beats Seb by 3 points or less then we'll have a huge love in in the Merc garage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 pm 

TedStriker wrote:

I'd say he won the championship in Hungary when he gave the position back to Valterri. Do good things and good things happen to you :)

If Valterri beats Seb by 3 points or less then we'll have a huge love in in the Merc garage.

Interesting, I remember at the time there was much angst that he had thrown away the title by doing that!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Interesting, I remember at the time there was much angst that he had thrown away the title by doing that!

I guess it begs the question - if Lewis has the title in the bag, will he help Valterri get 2nd with an obvious 'moving aside' if needed. I think he would, both for the team and for Valterri himself. I actually think Valterri deserves it - lots of people are comparing him to Rosberg in terms of challenging Lewis but they forget what an integral part of the Mercedes team Nico was well before Lewis arrived. Valterri came in as the new boy and although he hasn't exactly shined, he hasn't toally disgraced himself either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

I guess it begs the question - if Lewis has the title in the bag, will he help Valterri get 2nd with an obvious 'moving aside' if needed. I think he would, both for the team and for Valterri himself. I actually think Valterri deserves it - lots of people are comparing him to Rosberg in terms of challenging Lewis but they forget what an integral part of the Mercedes team Nico was well before Lewis arrived. Valterri came in as the new boy and although he hasn't exactly shined, he hasn't toally disgraced himself either.

I don't know if that's good for Bottas. I don't think Bottas should be getting himself into a situation where he owes too many favours to Hamilton.