It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Fartgate punishment?
Poll runs till Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:39 am
Fixed time penalty 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10 place Grid drop 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 points on superlicence 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
We need to punish offenders with a race ban 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Automatic World Driver's Championship and Laureus Sports Award plus L'Oreal endorsement 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 am 

At the Singapore GP, the scene of F1's biggest sporting scandal ever, is this possibly the worst disgrace to hit the pinnacle of motorsport in living memory?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31uk4cs4g7E[/youtube]

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/ricciardo-shifts-apos-fart-gate-050649139.html

Intentional or accident?

How many grid positions should be dropped / retrospective time penalty added for these repulsive actions?

Where was Sebastian Vettel on this occasion?

Didn't Juan Pablo Montoya have this problem?

Doesn't Kimi normally block the toilet with a lunker?

Are F1 driver farts quieter with the new turbo regulations?

Is this an illegal aerodynamic advantage? Would Ross Brawn add a double diffuser? Has Adrian Newey worked out a way to collect the fart and direct the warm fast air under the floor of the car?

Is this a symptom of spending too long in a wind tunnel?

Is it something to do with Singaporean food?

Is this worse than Jenson Button having a wet patch at the end of a race?

Is this the reason fighter jet canopies were rejected for fear of suffocating a driver on his own bum odour?

Could a nomex driver suit withstand a fireball caused by a driver fart spontaneously combusting?

Is this the dirty air causing difficulty to pass in modern F1?

Can Daniel Riccardo get any more disgusting than he presently is?

Did holding the fart for the duration of the grand prix effect his race pace?

Would Eddie Jordan beat the current field of cars if F1 cars were powered by the driver's own farts?

How many G do the drivers pull when mid fart?

Does Red Bull give you farts?

Is the prancing horse in fact not prancing at all but having a fart?

Which driver has amassed the most farts over a season?

Did Max Verstappen violently fart himself so loud both Ferraris were collected by the shockwave resulting in their starting straight collision?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 am 

This is what PF1's Forum has come to?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:17 am 

Blake wrote:

I think it's great.

Reminds everyone that even these polished, multimillionaire F1 drivers are human.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am 

Blake wrote:

Relax Mr Serious Face. People are allowed to have some childish fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am 

Blake wrote:

It might just be a satirical comment on the content of some threads, some of which just become polar arguments based on allegiance with posters who have no intention of changing their view despite being presented with clear and solid argument.

Back to topic, I suspect Hamilton is guilty, you don't swap to a vegan diet without consequences. Got to love Ricciardo though he just puts the sport into perspective!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:27 am 

Blake wrote:
Hopefully..... ;)

One of the reasons I rarely post on here, despite being a member for a number of years, is I watch threads turn into ridiculous arguments where nobody seems to listen to/read what the other person is saying. It's not even the fact that people disagree all the time, it's the WAY people disagree with such venom in their replies.

So yeah, the odd light-hearted thread is very welcome in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 am 

Having not seen the podium in Singapore I read the title and thought WTF, then read the first paragraph of the OP and thought even more WTF, then read the linked article and laughed my head head reading the rest of the OP. :lol:

Much needed comic relief at the end of a stressful week.

As for punishment, I really don't have the expertise to give my opinion. Plus I'm getting to the age where I just fart regardless, not holding it in and not being bothered when it comes out. So just let it rip guys!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 am 

minchy wrote:
Having not seen the podium in Singapore I read the title and thought WTF, then read the first paragraph of the OP and thought even more WTF, then read the linked article and laughed my head head reading the rest of the OP. :lol:

Much needed comic relief at the end of a stressful week.

As for punishment, I really don't have the expertise to give my opinion. Plus I'm getting to the age where I just fart regardless, not holding it in and not being bothered when it comes out. So just let it rip guys!

+1 for the first bit

-50 for the completely unnecessary detail of the second! 8O

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:53 am 

Blake wrote:
I take it you are also trying to come to terms with "the Singapore GP, the scene of F1's biggest sporting scandal ever"? ;)

Relax Blake, I think F1 as a whole is being turned into more of a spectacle than sport, or even a business. But this is just some light relief. Especially for Ricciardo...

But on a serious note, why don't they give the drivers an hour after a hard race?

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 pm 

I think it is just so much hot air and not really worth making a stink over. Things like this pass unnoticed all the time and no one washes their dirty underwear in public. It will soon blow over if no one tries to squeeze it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:08 pm 

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012012/1327430211_puppy_fart.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
Blake wrote:

It might just be a satirical comment on the content of some threads, some of which just become polar arguments based on allegiance with posters who have no intention of changing their view despite being presented with clear and solid argument.

Back to topic, I suspect Hamilton is guilty, you don't swap to a vegan diet without consequences. Got to love Ricciardo though he just puts the sport into perspective!

Hamilton is vegan????

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:08 pm 

Herb Tarlik wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
Blake wrote:

Hamilton is vegan????

Yes I believe he went Vegan over the last couple of weeks.

https://www.veganblog.de/schlagzeilen/l ... ton-vegan/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:00 pm 

Neve rmind Fartgate, now he really is talking fairy cakes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm 

moby wrote:

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:13 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
moby wrote:

What do you mean?

Cruelty? OK his choice, but Global warming?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:16 pm 

moby wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
moby wrote:

What do you mean?

Millions of acres of land and rainforest in South America is cut down to graze cattle to meet beef demands of the US and South America. The lack of that vegetation combined with the additional CO2 from the cows is having an adverse effect on global warming and has been for a long time. Not going to post all the articles but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforesta ... rainforest has a good selection at the bottom.

Fair play to Hamilton for going vegan, especially when it's likely he'll be targeted for supposed hypocrisy seeing that he drives in F1 and has a big selection of gas guzzling motors, but I hate that 'all or nothing' point of view that parties such as PETA push. Even a small contribution is better than no contribution at all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
moby wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
moby wrote:

What do you mean?

Millions of acres of land and rainforest in South America is cut down to graze cattle to meet beef demands of the US and South America. The lack of that vegetation combined with the additional CO2 from the cows is having an adverse effect on global warming and has been for a long time. Not going to post all the articles but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforesta ... rainforest has a good selection at the bottom.

Fair play to Hamilton for going vegan, especially when it's likely he'll be targeted for supposed hypocrisy seeing that he drives in F1 and has a big selection of gas guzzling motors, but I hate that 'all or nothing' point of view that parties such as PETA push. Even a small contribution is better than no contribution at all.

Millions of acres being cut down? Ok so if not to feed cattle, it would be planted with crop to replace the protein. Most of it is actually cut to grow bio fuel, needed to transport the vastly more bulk of grain.

Cows do not 'produce' co2 or methane. They eat the grass, which grows anyway and still goes into the air.
One of the worst producers of these gasses are bogs.

At the turn of 19 -20 century there were 2million Horses in London alone, plus probably 4 times as many just bringing produce in.
These are gone. Add the same % for each large city in the world and we have a hell of a lot of fart to catch up on.