18. Jolyon Palmer 11%  11%  [ 19 ]
19. Marcus Ericsson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
20. Pascal Wehrein 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 pm 

slide wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Randine wrote:
Did anyone else notice Ham starting off the line in 2nd gear? (via onboard camera)
He probably got better traction by doing so, and set up his win by getting past Ricciardo.

He's a brilliant driver.

Alonso did the same - they showed they are the cream of the crop, and vettel showed us he's is too aggressive again

Yeah I believe it's pretty common practice with these new cars, Vettel also started in 2nd gear and I remember Max doing it earlier this year but curiously he didn't here.

With all that torque I suppose it can be beneficial to dull the engine at the start.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

mcdo wrote:
1. There are 3 votes, which increases the likelihood of people submitting joke votes
2. Lower-end drivers that have put in a top performance nearly always get recognised. They may not win the poll outright
3. Some forumers here openly admit that they don't care about what goes on behind the battle at the front. This will skew the poll in favour of the leaders
4. The star drivers typically do put in the best performances anyway. That's why they're the star drivers

1. I don't see why. If you don't take it seriously then you're just as likely to do it with one vote as three.
    2. They usually get some votes, true, but the vast majority invariably go to the big stars, often disproportionately to how they actually performed. Which is probably at least in part down to favouritism votes
    3. Which is true, but hardly right
    4. There is something in this, but I would suggest that the inverse is also true and they are less likely to get downvoted for less stellar performances

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 pm 

Lewis, Hulkenberg, Sainz, to me were the most impressive drivers in that race.
Lewis pretty much blew away an "ailing" Riccardo after the latter did the same to him on the same venue last year.
Hulkenberg looked to be in line for the podiums before his team somehow didn't pit him at the right time and his car ultimately fell apart towards the end of the race. a real shame. He really does not deserve the most starts without a podium record which he was so close to avoid.
Sainz just drove another flawless race and maximized his package, I really can't wait to see how he will compare to Hulk next year. I feel that they could have one of the very best driver lineups on the grid.

Other noteworthy drives were Stroll, Palmer, Vandorne.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 am 

It never fails. No matter how bad a race that Lewis or Seb have they are going to get votes. It happens every race and I suspect that the idiots who do it are merely trying to muck it up for their own amusement. They probably think they are being clever. Just another method of trolling.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 am 

Zoue wrote:
mcdo wrote:
1. There are 3 votes, which increases the likelihood of people submitting joke votes
2. Lower-end drivers that have put in a top performance nearly always get recognised. They may not win the poll outright
3. Some forumers here openly admit that they don't care about what goes on behind the battle at the front. This will skew the poll in favour of the leaders
4. The star drivers typically do put in the best performances anyway. That's why they're the star drivers

1. I don't see why. If you don't take it seriously then you're just as likely to do it with one vote as three.
    2. They usually get some votes, true, but the vast majority invariably go to the big stars, often disproportionately to how they actually performed. Which is probably at least in part down to favouritism votes
    3. Which is true, but hardly right
    4. There is something in this, but I would suggest that the inverse is also true and they are less likely to get downvoted for less stellar performances

3 votes opens up the possibilities for one serious vote, two joke votes. The serious votes always win the poll so the only thing that the joke votes do is irritate people. It appears they succeed week in, week out

FA#14