planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm 

So, I presume that will become a pay blog before long then?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 pm 

It's been bought by Motorsport.com, who seem to be buying up everyone (including Autosport).

Their main website is pretty good, and not a pay-for site.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 pm 

Herb wrote:
It's been bought by Motorsport.com, who seem to be buying up everyone (including Autosport).

yeah, but since they bought Autosport virtually every article has been cloned on each site. Not good news for everybody if they do the same with yet another outlet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:26 pm 

Hopefully James keeps on doing it, and it maintains the high standard and journalism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:26 am 

Zoue wrote:
Herb wrote:

yeah, but since they bought Autosport virtually every article has been cloned on each site. Not good news for everybody if they do the same with yet another outlet

That is my worry - but at least there are no pay walls!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm 

I think these acquisitions are more about talent scooping than buying different sites. I feel at the end of it, we will have 1 or 2 entities and all bloggers they are buying out will have a column or a blog.

I am fine with that as long as they are given reasonable journalistic freedom and allowed to voice their opinions.

I think they will decide depending on the demographics the 2 big entities get. If autosport is getting good paid customers from one specific region, they will focus there while Motorsport being free to read and funded by sponsors.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:14 am 

funkymonkey wrote:
I think these acquisitions are more about talent scooping than buying different sites. I feel at the end of it, we will have 1 or 2 entities and all bloggers they are buying out will have a column or a blog.

I am fine with that as long as they are given reasonable journalistic freedom and allowed to voice their opinions.

I think they will decide depending on the demographics the 2 big entities get. If autosport is getting good paid customers from one specific region, they will focus there while Motorsport being free to read and funded by sponsors.

Don't be naive..
Competition is bad, Monopoly is good.

Wipe out your competition(or join forces) and costumers will have no choice but to give you their money.
It is a successful(American) business model.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm 

Pullrod wrote:
funkymonkey wrote:

Don't be naive..

Wipe out your competition(or join forces) and costumers will have no choice but to give you their money.

Duh! Obviously. We are living in capitalistic world in the end.

What I meant was their acquisition is not about other brands or acquiring brand value from acquisition. Its about getting those people into their organisation and make theirs stronger.

Its obviously coming at the expense of others. In the end the goal is same. Get as many people under your umbrella, shut down their sites, and have them under your brand.

This is what Apple does, this is what Google does and this is what motorsport is doing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 pm 

Motorsport have been buying pretty much anything they can get their hands on recently, I don't think its particularly great for the fans because a lot of their stuff seems to end up pretty much duplicated across all its outlets. Being owned by a company is always going to tie your hands when it comes to the more radical opinions too, because they wont want you upsetting potential advertisers.

Additional ads are usually a byproduct of stuff like this too.... can't say i'm too happy about this ._.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:41 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
funkymonkey wrote:

Don't be naive..

Duh! Obviously. We are living in capitalistic world in the end.

What I meant was their acquisition is not about other brands or acquiring brand value from acquisition. Its about getting those people into their organisation and make theirs stronger.

Its obviously coming at the expense of others. In the end the goal is same. Get as many people under your umbrella, shut down their sites, and have them under your brand.

This is what Apple does, this is what Google does and this is what motorsport is doing.

They don't care much about talent as long as there is not another BIG competitor who is unwilling to sell or join forces.[read Apple vs Samsung]
All they care for is acquiring new users/costumers in order to dominate the market and have the prices be determined not by the competition but their greed.