planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
How about… Force the Owner to cut his wannabe fohawk mullet and lose the earrings that look a bit odd on a 61 year old. LOL

Is that a joke or serious? If he has the money to OWN a team I reckon he can have whatever identity he wants. But then I suspect you don't really mean it. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:24 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
How about… Force the Owner to cut his wannabe fohawk mullet and lose the earrings that look a bit odd on a 61 year old. LOL

Is that a joke or serious? If he has the money to OWN a team I reckon he can have whatever identity he wants. But then I suspect you don't really mean it. ;)

But does he have the money to own a team? Or is he using the billions he stole from investors?

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 am 

Exediron wrote:
But does he have the money to own a team? Or is he using the billions he stole from investors?

I'm wondering if this is the reason for the change?
I'm not clued up on the laws on this, but I wonder if changing the name ( creating a new company and transferring assets and IP ) would make it ' untouchable ' from any litigation that may come to VJM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:08 am 

Option or Prime wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:

How you see my post differently from what everyone else has posted is puzzling as every single one is a dig at the guy.

Regardless, you know how when you see a bald guy with a ridiculous pony tail, or a fat chick with low-rise jeans causing the most impressive muffin top you've ever seen with her gut overhanging her genital region serving as a make shift curtain of sorts, or that person who just can't bring themselves to not order up the Jackson family plastic surgery express kit, and you feel for them because they should have had people in their lives who love them enough to tell them, just no?

Same deal here.

Life's too short to not enjoy these gems. Maybe it's the New Yorker in me but I equate things like this like throwing a rock at the floor and missing.
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/state-ba ... er-1626137

Dude looks the the 4th musketeer. :lol:

Last edited by F1 MERCENARY on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 am 

Double post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am 

Force India were once thought of changing their name to 'Force One' but now are deciding against it as it will be too close to sounding with Formula One. Hence, another name they will look at but they plan to retain the word 'Force' atleast.
http://en.f1i.com/news/285454-force-india-likely-scrap-force-one-name-change.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 am 

Rory wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
Is HOW still available?

Haha, I do appreciate old references.

I didn’t think I’d been on this forum for a long time until I got this reference!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:19 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Another option they're considering is 'Force Racing'!

This guy approves of that idea!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

I can see Force 1 being corrupted to "Farce 1" in no time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm 

For about $20,000 you can get the name "Lotus" thrown into any F1 name for a couple of seasons at least, so how about "Lotus Force", and they can sport a pink, green and gold livery!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 am 

I'll let you decide which of these is Perez and Ocon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 pm 

Rachel Brooks recently interviewed Esteban Ocon & Sergio Perez. What was surprising is that they were wearing plain Black tees with just BWT logo. This probably implies that the team name change has taken place but neither will reveal it through any way or hint otherwise why wouldn't their apparel have Force India written over them:

Last year, there was such a strong rumour of Force India being bought by Brabham. I wonder if this is still a possibility?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm 

The Brabham rumours that were sounding in the middle of last year have resurfaced again with the launch of Brabham Automotive:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-formula-1/brabham-automotive-launch-hints-formula-1-ambitions

Excerpts from the article above:
'Although unconfirmed, speculation suggests the Force India F1 Team could be bought by Brabham. It is the only F1 team yet to confirm the reveal date of its 2018 car, and the squad, which finished the 2017 season in fourth with its drivers seventh and eighth respectively in the drivers’ standings, is expected to be sold following an ongoing legal case for its owner, Indian business tycoon Vijay Mallya.'

This is the only team to still officially confirm a launch date. I wonder if Brabham is taking over Force India & they're working on the nitty gritties before announcing a date.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm 

I thought Brabham went bankrupt decades ago (1992).

Does Mallya think that by naming the team in some British tradition that his past financial malfeasance will somehow be ignored?

Oh, I get it now... it's a play on words... Just rename the team BBR (Belly-up Brabham Reboot).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 pm 

MB-BOB wrote:

Does Mallya think that by naming the team in some British tradition that his past financial malfeasance will somehow be ignored?

Oh, I get it now... it's a play on words... Just rename the team BBR (Belly-up Brabham Reboot).

No, it's a new organisation headed by the family who mentioned a goal of getting into F1 a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:55 am 

Tufty wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:

No, it's a new organisation headed by the family who mentioned a goal of getting into F1 a few years back.

If by "the family" you mean the Geoff Brabham family, then that is OK, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:09 am 

MB-BOB wrote:
Tufty wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:

If by "the family" you mean the Geoff Brabham family, then that is OK, I suppose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brabham_Racing

Hope that helps

Don't forget the games you're competing in. Someone has to get one over on us!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 pm 

In a recently posted video on their Twitter a/c, Rachel Brooks is interviewing Checo. The tee that he's wearing speaks a lot as the tee has no team name. I've never seen any FI personnel ever wear such a blank tee ever in 2017. Wonder if it'll change to Brabham Racing or some name with Force ....! So the name change is imminent but the question still remains - when will it be revealed?

Source - http://www.imgur.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm 

MB-BOB wrote:
Tufty wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:

I don't know if this is coincidence or not...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 pm 

Herb wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:
Tufty wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:

I don't know if this is coincidence or not...

One article stated that Brabham has hinted at 2018 F1 entry with Brabham Automotive's launch! If this is the case, either Brabham is buying over Force India or getting merged.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:46 am 

I just hope any potential buyer of Force India can afford this team, it's a great little team. Lets see what happens in the next few days or so.

Also it will be interesting to see if F.I or Brabham turn up at next weeks test.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:44 am 

A new rumour has surfaced!

A British energy drinks company named Rich Energy is in talks to purchase Force India. They've put a quotation of around £200 million for buying Force India. Rich Energy is already associated with F1 via partnerships such as with Monaco Grand Prix.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-5414721/British-energy-drinks-company-talks-buy-Force-India.html

£200 million is a good valuation of Force India. But with testing so near, there's no sign of any confirmation regarding this or the Brabham rumour. Guess will have to wait.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
A British energy drinks company named Rich Energy is in talks to purchase Force India. They've put a quotation of around £200 million for buying Force India. Rich Energy is already associated with F1 via partnerships such as with Monaco Grand Prix.

So Rich Energy Racing then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-5414721/British-energy-drinks-company-talks-buy-Force-India.html

£200 million is a good valuation of Force India. But with testing so near, there's no sign of any confirmation regarding this or the Brabham rumour. Guess will have to wait.

A poster on another site has pointed out that the company assets for that company are LESS than half a million. So n true VJ style then? :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:08 am 

moby wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

A poster on another site has pointed out that the company assets for that company are LESS than half a million. So n true VJ style then? :twisted:

Yeah, very odd. The company only appears to have existed since September 2015, has very little value, and despite having a number of partners isn't at all a well-known brand. And yet they're going to head up a consortium to spend £200m on an F1 team? A lot doesn't add up there, which isn't all that surprising considering the source. You might almost think it's a company looking for some free advertising by starting a false rumour...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am 

What sounds equally bizarre is that Force India has revealed it's test line-up that starts on March 26th. Nikita Mazepin will test the new car on the 1st day. Ocon on Tuesday, Checo on Wednesday & Latifi on Thursday.
https://www.pitpass.com/61071/Force-India-reveals-test-line-up

When was the last time a team directly went for testing without a launch (or a livery launch) or even revealing it's new name?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:42 am 

moby wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

I was just about to ask - who the hell are Rich Energy and how come I've never heard of their drinks?

FA#14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am 

mcdo wrote:
moby wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

I was just about to ask - who the hell are Rich Energy and how come I've never heard of their drinks?

My first thought was maybe they're an umbrella company who own some well known brands. Turns out I'm an overthinker, and it was just a garbage rumour. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:45 pm 

Now it's for sure that there' no Force India car launch taking place before the test. Force India are mum about the launch or the new name but have already revealed the lineup for the test:

I hope the Brabham rumour is more close to being a reality than the Rich Energy drinks rumour.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
I hope the Brabham rumour is more close to being a reality than the Rich Energy drinks rumour.

It costs SO MUCH to own a Formula 1 team, if it is to be "Brabham" I hope they will be able to sustain the team over time. We've had too many old and revered names -- like Lotus -- try to make a comeback, only for the name to melt away into oblivion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 pm 

MB-BOB wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

It costs SO MUCH to own a Formula 1 team, if it is to be "Brabham" I hope they will be able to sustain the team over time. We've had too many old and revered names -- like Lotus -- try to make a comeback, only for the name to melt away into oblivion.

Whoever buys Force India hopefully has good funds & resources to keep this great team running for many years. When with a limited budget they do so well, could You imagine how well they would go with a bigger budget?

Autosport is stating that Force India will launch its car (and probably new name) on the morning of the 1st day of test i.e. 26th February!
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/134473/force-india-to-reveal-car-in-barcelona-pitlane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:20 pm 

Hopefully if Rich Energy buys them they'll name the team "Rich Guys Racing."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:25 pm 

Super Aguri Fun Time wrote:

A poster on another website put this striking, if not shocking info about Rich Energy Drinks company:

'RICH Energy: total current assets: £451,381.00 (yes, 451 thousand pounds).
And where it's getting more interesting: total current liabilites: £449,457.00
Even more interesting is the current net worth... -£1,360,641.00 (yes, minus one million)'

Don't know where Force India are heading with these rumours but hope I'm pleasantly surprised on Monday!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:

A poster on another website put this striking, if not shocking info about Rich Energy Drinks company:

'RICH Energy: total current assets: £451,381.00 (yes, 451 thousand pounds).
And where it's getting more interesting: total current liabilites: £449,457.00
Even more interesting is the current net worth... -£1,360,641.00 (yes, minus one million)'

Don't know where Force India are heading with these rumours but hope I'm pleasantly surprised on Monday!

Any idea how they got this info? Any links? It sounds a bit dodgy to be honest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 pm 

According to RaceFans.net, Force India won't be bought over by Rich Energy as negotiations ceased 3 months ago:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/21/energy-drink-company-takeover-of-force-india-denied/

Wonder why this rumour / news came up now then!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:42 pm 

Saward pooh-poohs the idea of Rich Energy in his blog today too, speculates its either been leaked again now to try and drive a bargain with a legitimate party, who said Rich Energy owners are trying to get a cheap PR win by being linked with an F1 team.

Either makes perfect sense I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 pm 

Get rich quick?

EJ said the way to get a small fortune in F1

Is to start with a large one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 am 

Flash2k11 wrote:
Saward pooh-poohs the idea of Rich Energy in his blog today too, speculates its either been leaked again now to try and drive a bargain with a legitimate party, who said Rich Energy owners are trying to get a cheap PR win by being linked with an F1 team.

Either makes perfect sense I guess.

I tried to look at the Rich Energy website, and my antivirus said it was an attack site. They don't have a Wikipedia entry or almost any sort of legitimate internet presence, so I'm very suspect of their company. Their primary products appear to be hype and vaporware.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 am 

I’m hoping for Rich Energy Motorsport. The abbreviation would be REM and they could play “Everybody Hurts” whenever Pérez and Ocon run each other off the road

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm 

bradtheboywonder wrote:

I’m hoping for Rich Energy Motorsport. The abbreviation would be REM and they could play “Everybody Hurts” whenever Pérez and Ocon run each other off the road

Too maudlin. "It's the end of the world as we know it" would be much better.