planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 pm 

Apart from confirming the launch of VJM11, the team has also denied that it's selling the team:
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/17012

Excerpts from the article above:
'Following recent media reports speculating on the sale of Force India Formula One Team Limited, the Company’s shareholders wish to clarify that there is no offer from potential investors under consideration.'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:53 am 

As per the article, Rich Energy will be taking over Force India & the announcement may come this week:
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/927078/Rich-Energy-buy-Formula-1-team-Force-India-for-200m

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 am 

That's a bit weird, I've never heard of them either.

I had a look at their product and I wonder if they'll go black and gold like their cans and cancel the BWT deal or keep it as is. Is cancelling the deal even do-able if they wanted to relaunch the car in their own colours?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 am 

Lotus49 wrote:

I had a look at their product and I wonder if they'll go black and gold like their cans and cancel the BWT deal or keep it as is. Is cancelling the deal even do-able if they wanted to relaunch the car in their own colours?

They won't ditch BWT & the Pink colour. BWT is probably their biggest sponsor. If the name chnage happens, they are sure more sponsors will hop on board.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:

They won't ditch BWT & the Pink colour. BWT is probably their biggest sponsor. If the name chnage happens, they are sure more sponsors will hop on board.

Yeah I get that but just thinking if you spend 200m to basically advertise your energy drink a la Red Bull do then it just seems a bit odd to only have some stickers and the team name saying Rich Energy and not much else tying the team to your drink because BWT have the colour scheme,livery,drivers overalls etc..

I can't see Red Bull buying a team and not having the Red Bull livery and colours splashed everywhere is what I mean basically.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 am 

Lotus49 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:

Yeah I get that but just thinking if you spend 200m to basically advertise your energy drink a la Red Bull do then it just seems a bit odd to only have some stickers and the team name saying Rich Energy and not much else tying the team to your drink because BWT have the colour scheme,livery,drivers overalls etc..

I can't see Red Bull buying a team and not having the Red Bull livery and colours splashed everywhere is what I mean basically.

None of us will likely know for now, but my complete guess is they'll be hindered by a contract but would look to change it up as soon as they can (or just start pushing pink Rich Energy drinks).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
As per the article, Rich Energy will be taking over Force India & the announcement may come this week:
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/927078/Rich-Energy-buy-Formula-1-team-Force-India-for-200m

I would urge caution on relying on anything the Express puts out.

Is there ANY other source? This would be all over the real motorsport press, but I can't see anything?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 am 

Herb wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

Is there ANY other source? This would be all over the real motorsport press, but I can't see anything?

The only other source where this has been reported is the Daily Mail. Unfortunately I don't think UnlikeUday appreciates how bad these two sources are.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 am 

Herb wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

I agree, the only time I will believe this is happening is when either Bob Fernley or Otmar Szafnauer say so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 am 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Herb wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

The only other source where this has been reported is the Daily Mail. Unfortunately I don't think UnlikeUday appreciates how bad these two sources are.

LOL!

I'm more worried about all the news regarding the true face of Rich Energy where they have a debt, so they shelling 200 million is beyond comprehension. The consortium running behind this even sounds cocky!

But it seems Force India are surely going for a name change which is why Force India branding was blacked out during the car launch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Herb wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

LOL!

I'm more worried about all the news regarding the true face of Rich Energy where they have a debt, so they shelling 200 million is beyond comprehension. The consortium running behind this even sounds cocky!

But it seems Force India are surely going for a name change which is why Force India branding was blacked out during the car launch.

I still think this is a company attempting (and succeeding) to get a little free advertising. They've an association with F1 already, and being able to point out that other energy drinks companies such as Red Bull and Monster are already associated with F1 teams gives the story a little more legitimacy. Add in a deliberately vague comment (“F1 is the perfect platform for the brand, motorsport is all about a fast, glamorous lifestyle. It works for Red Bull") from the founder/CEO and it makes perfect sense... if you completely ignore the financial side of it!

As for the name change, if they're going to be taken over then I wouldn't expect a name change to be announced until that has happened. Conversely, if they announce a name change prior it either means whoever is doing the takeover has signed off the new name or there simply isn't a takeover coming.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 pm 

Redbull sold about 5 billion in 2014 with a profit margin of over 10%.

From what I've read, Rich Energy sold around 2 billion ( reported ).

Theoretically, it could happen, BUT I don't see from where 200mil could come from to buy the team and from where extra money to finance the team.

I am sure that Vijay would easily settle for 100mil liquid, but even so, I can't see this happening, with this brand at least.