All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Silly season 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Daniel Gallagher wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
The reason I pointed to this thread is because it contains news about drivers who'll be racing in 2018.

I understand. This forum changed its rules and I wasn't aware for which I'm sorry. I have posted quite a few breaking news about driver changes (was only ever wrong in one when I posted about Raikkonen to Mercedes in 2012) and it was never merged with this thread.

No sweat. Coming to the main point, Kubica returning will be such a great news. Williams also wouldn't want to look at any other option besides him.

And you know that... how, exactly? For all we know, he's struggling with long-run consistency, or struggling with his fitness levels, or there are other issues with which he has yet to convince Williams. If Williams can get Robert Kubica as he was prior to his accident then yes, I agree that they shouldn't need to look at any other option. But right now, it seems like they're hesitating to make a decision, instead feeling the need to give him further running. Perhaps that's because they have the best empty seat available and therefore are in no rush at all, but it does make me wonder a little bit if they remain unconvinced.

Apparently it was Kubica stalling on signing the contract, he's basically been offered the drive because of the sponsorship he his bringing to the team, his pride was hurting because he didn't want to be seen as a pay driver, it's something that he has criticised in the past.

Very interesting, where did you pick that info up?

FA#14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:19 pm 

Hartley & Gasly confirmed by Toro Rosso for 2018:
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/16353

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

The some more final pieces of the Jigsaw puzzle of the 2018 grid have been put to place:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sauber-confirms-ericsson-leclerc-for-2018-f1-season-985150/

Sauber have confirmed Ericsson & Leclerc for the 2018 at Sauber.

The livery of Alfa Romeo Sauber for 2018: