planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11676
Only the 4 tenths faster than anyone else for Leclerc today. The kid needs to pull his finger out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6526
mikeyg123 wrote:
Only the 4 tenths faster than anyone else for Leclerc today. The kid needs to pull his finger out.

I heard he's getting distracted by heavy partying :-P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Only the 4 tenths faster than anyone else for Leclerc today. The kid needs to pull his finger out.

I heard he's getting distracted by heavy partying :-P


It's remarkable how he seems to be coping with the loss of his father by releasing all of it on track and driving on a whole new level.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Image indylights.com

Congrats to Kyle Kaiser who has swept the weekend at Toronto just 1 week ago. With the sweep, Kaiser has put distance on his closest rival Matheus Leist.

In Race 1, Kaiser took the lead for the 1st 3 laps. But it evaporated early when Leist hit the tire barrier right next to pit entry after he was fast on the turn in which collected Nico Jamin thus ending his day as well. But on the re-start, the Juncos driver would lead never looking back going flag-to-flag the rest of the way. Zachary Claman De Melo and Santiago Urrutia completed the podium. Herta finished 4th, and Aaron Telitz completes the top 5.

Report:
http://www.indylights.com/news/points-l ... in-toronto

Results:
http://www.indylights.com/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=0

In Race 2, it was Colton Herta who would take the lead before a crash involving Nico Jamin, Shelby Blackstock, and Neil Alberico in turn 1. Herta would then lead on the re-start, Herta kept distance over Kaiser for the next 5 laps until Santiago Urrutia suffered a mechanical right past the pit exit. On the re-start, Herta had a huge lead for the next 13 laps until Herta brushed the wall, thus damaging his left rear suspension ending his day. And that is where Kaiser would dominate the last 20 laps with a 6-second margin over Telitz, De Melo scores his 2nd podium this weekend, Juan Piedrahita scores his best finish this season with a 4th. Leist completes the top 5.

With the Toronto sweep, Kaiser would increase his points lead over Leist with a 279-228 margin. Herta remains a distant 3rd with 214. De Melo and Telitz are a close 4th and 5th as they head down to Lexington at the Mid-Ohio road course.

http://www.indylights.com/news/kaiser-c ... eries-lead

http://www.indylights.com/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Breaking story from Formula 2:

Trident Formula 2 team have signed Haas F1 development driver Santino Ferrucci. The Woodbury, Connecticut will team up with Nabil Jaffri for the remainder of the season replacing Callum Iliot.

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/Ne ... -Budapest/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
Not sure why Ferrucci will make the step up to F2, he hasn't exactly been great in F3 nor GP3, and now he's going to F2? Can't see him doing very well there.

What's interesting though is that he will be replaced in GP3 by Vaxivière, who seemed to have called quits on his single seater career after a few years in FR3.5.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
mds wrote:
Not sure why Ferrucci will make the step up to F2, he hasn't exactly been great in F3 nor GP3, and now he's going to F2? Can't see him doing very well there.

What's interesting though is that he will be replaced in GP3 by Vaxivière, who seemed to have called quits on his single seater career after a few years in FR3.5.

The guy must have some serious backing, he perhaps missed a trick by not doing FR3.5 this year and getting into F1 by the back door sort to speak by avoiding all the good drivers.

It will be interesting to see how Vaxiviere performs in GP3, he showed some good form in FR3.5 when it was still a competitive series.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
pokerman wrote:
The guy must have some serious backing, he perhaps missed a trick by not doing FR3.5 this year and getting into F1 by the back door sort to speak by avoiding all the good drivers.


It has probably become the easiest way to get the 40 points yeah. Three seasons with 5th-4th-4th in an 11-driver grid (Cipriani doesn't count) is far easier than doing it in GP2.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how Vaxiviere performs in GP3, he showed some good form in FR3.5 when it was still a competitive series.


I've rated him highly, last year was puzzling as I had expected him to dominate it. Still a good driver, and still younger than I thought.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6526
Leclerc pole by half a second again. With 4 qualifying sessions left to run this year the question is can anyone stop him from taking every pole of the season?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6526
Never mind. Leclerc has been stripped of Pole position as his car failed post-qualifying checks.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... le-935685/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4188
Location: Michigan, USA
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Never mind. Leclerc has been stripped of Pole position as his car failed post-qualifying checks.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... le-935685/

Aww... :(

Funny quote by him in there, though:

Quote:
“To be honest, I don’t really mind, I’m actually quite happy to start last.

“[When I was] younger I always liked to catch up from the back and for tomorrow that’s what I have to do.

“Budapest is not the easiest track do so but I will give my best.

He's just playing with the field, and he knows it! :lol:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:18 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1739
I've not seen any F2/GP2 this year.

Is Leclerc that good, or is the field a bit weak this year?

_________________
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4188
Location: Michigan, USA
Herb wrote:
I've not seen any F2/GP2 this year.

Is Leclerc that good, or is the field a bit weak this year?

Both, IMO.

Leclerc clearly has a huge advantage over the field, but it's also true that all the best drivers from last year moved on. However, in defense of Leclerc simply being that good, his margin over his teammate is enormous - and while Fuoco isn't exactly another Vandoorne, he is a decent driver. Leclerc has also been highly competitive at every level he's raced so far, only once finishing anything other than 1st or 2nd in a series.

Bottom line, hard to say exactly how good Leclerc is, but he certainly appears to be the real deal.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:35 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11676
Exediron wrote:
Herb wrote:
I've not seen any F2/GP2 this year.

Is Leclerc that good, or is the field a bit weak this year?

Both, IMO.

Leclerc clearly has a huge advantage over the field, but it's also true that all the best drivers from last year moved on. However, in defense of Leclerc simply being that good, his margin over his teammate is enormous - and while Fuoco isn't exactly another Vandoorne, he is a decent driver. Leclerc has also been highly competitive at every level he's raced so far, only once finishing anything other than 1st or 2nd in a series.

Bottom line, hard to say exactly how good Leclerc is, but he certainly appears to be the real deal.


What is noticeable is that those that have stayed were closer to Gasly than they are to Leclerc.

Nobody does what Leclerc is doing in F2. Even less so as a rookie in the series. Even Vandoorne couldn't win at that level in his rookie season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
Leclerc went last to fourth today. In Hungary. His start was incredible, 11th after just one lap!

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 188
mds wrote:
Not sure why Ferrucci will make the step up to F2, he hasn't exactly been great in F3 nor GP3, and now he's going to F2? Can't see him doing very well there.


And incredibly enough he still has a better record than his team-mate-to-be who's averaged a single points scoring finish per year in F3/GP2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
With only 2 events to go in the Indy Lights season, Juncos Racing driver Kyle Kaiser escaped with the points lead following a disastrous showing in Mid-Ohio. But it was Matheus Leist who suffered the most.

Santiago Urrutia narrowly outpaced Colton Herta in Race 1 thus earning his 1st win of the season. Nico Jamin finished 3rd. Shelby Blackstock and Zachary Claman De Melo rounded out the Top 5. Leist and Kaiser finished very distant in 11th and 12th.

Report:
http://www.indylights.com/news/urrutia- ... the-season

Results:
http://www.indylights.com/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=0

In Race 2, Jamin took the win after Herta spun in the early stages while leading for 2 laps who would later recover to finish 6th. Jamin went unchallenged before Urrutia began to reel him in the final laps. Shelby Blackstock finished 3rd with Claman De Melo and Aaron Teliz completing the top 5.

By finishing 2nd in race 2, Urrutia would move up 1 spot to 3rd. Herta's 2nd place finish in race 1 also moved him 1 another position. Thus dropping Leist to 4th. Kaiser remains the points leader. Herta and Urrutia are in a tie for 2nd (But Herta has 2 wins over Urrutia's 1, Herta owns the current tie-breaker). Claman De Melo rounds up the top 5.

The Lights series will got for a 1-month break before heading out to Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois. 1 of Kaiser's 2 chances to clinch the Indy Lights title.

Report:
http://www.indylights.com/news/jamin-cl ... t-mid-ohio

Results:
http://www.indylights.com/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 188
What do you think the chances were for Leclerc to take the double this weekend if not for that plank of his?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
Liket wrote:
What do you think the chances were for Leclerc to take the double this weekend if not for that plank of his?

I think he would have done it bearing in mind he finished 5th from 19th on the grid.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
Doesn't matter too much though, he'll win the title comfortably and his name is made. Only in terms of records he will be hurting through all the bad luck he has had to endure this year.

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
mds wrote:
Doesn't matter too much though, he'll win the title comfortably and his name is made. Only in terms of records he will be hurting through all the bad luck he has had to endure this year.

Yeah he could have set records that are close to unbeatable.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Santiago Urrutia manages to take an impressive Indy Lights win at Gateway Motorsports Park fending off Juan Piedrahita. Colton Herta would then take 3rd right after Matheus Leist suffered a puncture during a caution from a 3-car crash enabling Kyle Kaiser to keep a lead. Even though with his victory, Urrutia's chances to win the title are all but slim and none due to the fact that Kaiser holds a 31 point lead. Once Kaiser takes the green flag, Kaiser will win the championship. The maximum point tally for a race is 33. (30 for a win, 1 point for pole, 1 point for most laps led, and 1 point for fast lap). If Kaiser was not able to race, then Urrutia has to come with those results.

Indy Lights season will conclude at Watkins Glen this weekend.

Report:
http://www.indylights.com/news/urrutia- ... to-gateway

Results:
http://www.indylights.com/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4188
Location: Michigan, USA
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:
Doesn't matter too much though, he'll win the title comfortably and his name is made. Only in terms of records he will be hurting through all the bad luck he has had to endure this year.

Yeah he could have set records that are close to unbeatable.

I think his record of setting the fastest qualifying time every weekend (I know, I know - his pole run ended in Hungary, but that was really only a technicality) will probably stand for a while, assuming he keeps it up the whole season. And it's not just that he's always the fastest - it's usually by some absurd margin, like half a second or more on the field. Nobody's had the advantage he does over GP2/F2 for a long time, maybe not ever.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mds wrote:
Doesn't matter too much though, he'll win the title comfortably and his name is made. Only in terms of records he will be hurting through all the bad luck he has had to endure this year.

Yeah he could have set records that are close to unbeatable.

I think his record of setting the fastest qualifying time every weekend (I know, I know - his pole run ended in Hungary, but that was really only a technicality) will probably stand for a while, assuming he keeps it up the whole season. And it's not just that he's always the fastest - it's usually by some absurd margin, like half a second or more on the field. Nobody's had the advantage he does over GP2/F2 for a long time, maybe not ever.

I think it's normally about 3 tenths, it's still a shame that all the penalties are nothing of his doing and when his results are googled they will look that bit less impressive.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 2045
Anyone who stayed to the end at Monza today got their money's worth, eventually.

_________________
I remember when this website was all fields.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8243
Superb race, I have a feeling the guy who was in 5th at the start of the final lap will win this. Incredible.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 3846
Is Leclerc really not going to have an F1 seat next year? Something really needs to be done about this broken ladder already...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:51 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11676
sandman1347 wrote:
Is Leclerc really not going to have an F1 seat next year? Something really needs to be done about this broken ladder already...


Looks like Sauber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 3846
mikeyg123 wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Is Leclerc really not going to have an F1 seat next year? Something really needs to be done about this broken ladder already...


Looks like Sauber.

Oh is that right? I wasn't aware of that. That's good to hear. He is definitely the most promising prospect since Max IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8243
Fuoco given the win, I thought it would go that way - Ghioto missed the chicane and went on to set the fastest lap of the race on the final lap. A shame because he was in 2nd and has lost to the guy who was in 5th, just needed to slow down a bit more.

I have never seen a race won by a driver starting the last lap in 5th place, crazy.

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/Ne ... s-victory/

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10384
Too bad for Leclerc yet another weekend was completely ruined without him being at fault. He'll still probably be champion next round anyway, provided he stays in the vicinity of Rowland. More than a month to go though.

I have no idea what de Vries was thinking but that was bad stuff. Have a look here (0:23 gives the best view):

_________________
Supporting all drivers with surnames starting with "V".

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
mds wrote:
Too bad for Leclerc yet another weekend was completely ruined without him being at fault. He'll still probably be champion next round anyway, provided he stays in the vicinity of Rowland. More than a month to go though.

I have no idea what de Vries was thinking but that was bad stuff. Have a look here (0:23 gives the best view):

Yeah I'm surprised the stewards took no interest in what de Vries did, Leclerc was going past him so he swerved to the left and pushed Leclerc off the track and into the barrier, I would say de Vries has a bit of form for that kind of driving.

Also I thought after his rear wheel fell off it looked like Rowland deliberately parked his car on the track to make sure the SC came out hopefully giving Leclerc a problem on the restart and it worked, again he's shown to have a bit of form for this kind of thing as well.

Also I believe Matshutita cut the chicane, came back on the track in front of the leaders who had to swerve around him and moments later collided, this being de Vries and Leclerc, and both retired from the race. I think he was given the win, how does that happen without penalty, a driver takes a shortcut and keeps his foot buried and ends up in front of cars he was behind, I don't care if he let them by again he interfered with the leaders.

Anyway rant over. :)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8243
I'm not sure if that is what happened, to me it looks like De Fries is given his puncture (at 12 seconds in the video) by Leclercs front wing end plate and then the cars interlock pulling both to the left. The movement of his car to the left looks unnatural and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because that would have been a penalty / race ban type of take out otherwise. Its that or his car slides on a wet patch or he goes to make a very small defensive move but it causes the cars interlock in a way that and drags both cars to the left.

I thought Rowland pulled on the track to warn other cars and make sure cars behind really slowed down as there was a loose wheel on track. You seen him seconds before unsuccessfully trying to push the loose wheel off track.

Matshutita ended up behind the leaders though, they just happened to take each other out literally a second later. He also came 2nd, Fuoco won.

Funny, 3 different things and we see all three differently :lol:

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 188
Some of the most intense racing I've ever seen in the two F2 races this weekend, incredible. Action in every corner on every lap.

Malja going from 1st to last in the sprint effectively without even having contact/damage, nice way to kill your career, that? Good for Fuoco that he finally got to have a really strong weekend, and at his home race. Ghiotto looked really strong too but honestly stupid to cut the chicane and keep going like that on the last lap, what did he expect?

GP3 wasn't much worse either, though does anyone have a count on how many times the first chicane was missed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
lamo wrote:
I'm not sure if that is what happened, to me it looks like De Fries is given his puncture (at 12 seconds in the video) by Leclercs front wing end plate and then the cars interlock pulling both to the left. The movement of his car to the left looks unnatural and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because that would have been a penalty / race ban type of take out otherwise. Its that or his car slides on a wet patch or he goes to make a very small defensive move but it causes the cars interlock in a way that and drags both cars to the left.

I thought Rowland pulled on the track to warn other cars and make sure cars behind really slowed down as there was a loose wheel on track. You seen him seconds before unsuccessfully trying to push the loose wheel off track.

Matshutita ended up behind the leaders though, they just happened to take each other out literally a second later. He also came 2nd, Fuoco won.

Funny, 3 different things and we see all three differently :lol:

The contact between de Vries and Leclerc caused the puncture and Leclerc himself wasn't impressed with what he did.

Regarding Rowland I'm just sceptical after seeing him go off the track late in qualifying into a gravel trap, he then drove out of it and then for some reason back into it again obviously bringing yellow flags out with no time for another lap, I thought his car must have damaged but soon after he continued on without problem.

With Matshutita drivers shouldn't be allowed to miss out part of track and give a problem to cars that were running in front.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Image indylights.com

Image indylights.com

Aaron Telitz has completed the 2017 Indy Lights season with a win at Watkins Glen. And same goes to Kyle Kaiser who only needed his presence to seal the Indy Lights title.

http://www.indylights.com/news/juncos-r ... tkins-glen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
Two wins and a second place for Lando Norris over the weekend has now put him in a strong position to win the F3 title with just 6 races to go with his nearest rival Max Gunther scoring quite badly after poor qualifying in the 3 wet sessions.

This would make the former World Karting Champion a rookie champion something he has a habit of doing in the previous series he has competed in.

For the next year the McLaren junior driver is set to take Charles Leclerc seat at Prema Racing in F2, himself set to be the rookie champion, what's the odds that Norris emulates him?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4188
Location: Michigan, USA
pokerman wrote:
Two wins and a second place for Lando Norris over the weekend has now put him in a strong position to win the F3 title with just 6 races to go with his nearest rival Max Gunther scoring quite badly after poor qualifying in the 3 wet sessions.

This would make the former World Karting Champion a rookie champion something he has a habit of doing in the previous series he has competed in.

For the next year the McLaren junior driver is set to take Charles Leclerc seat at Prema Racing in F2, himself set to be the rookie champion, what's the odds that Norris emulates him?

I'd say pretty decent. Norris looks like the real deal, and I'm not impressed with the F2 field. Unless one of them improves dramatically next year - or a fellow rookie proves very quick - I think Norris has a great chance. The question is whether he'll be able to dominate like Leclerc or not.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 11676
Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Two wins and a second place for Lando Norris over the weekend has now put him in a strong position to win the F3 title with just 6 races to go with his nearest rival Max Gunther scoring quite badly after poor qualifying in the 3 wet sessions.

This would make the former World Karting Champion a rookie champion something he has a habit of doing in the previous series he has competed in.

For the next year the McLaren junior driver is set to take Charles Leclerc seat at Prema Racing in F2, himself set to be the rookie champion, what's the odds that Norris emulates him?

I'd say pretty decent. Norris looks like the real deal, and I'm not impressed with the F2 field. Unless one of them improves dramatically next year - or a fellow rookie proves very quick - I think Norris has a great chance. The question is whether he'll be able to dominate like Leclerc or not.


Norris has a bigger jump to make though. Rookie's hardly ever stand out at the F2/GP2 level. I think Leclerc is the exception.

Will also be very interesting to see what Mercedes do with George Russell.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 22323
mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Two wins and a second place for Lando Norris over the weekend has now put him in a strong position to win the F3 title with just 6 races to go with his nearest rival Max Gunther scoring quite badly after poor qualifying in the 3 wet sessions.

This would make the former World Karting Champion a rookie champion something he has a habit of doing in the previous series he has competed in.

For the next year the McLaren junior driver is set to take Charles Leclerc seat at Prema Racing in F2, himself set to be the rookie champion, what's the odds that Norris emulates him?

I'd say pretty decent. Norris looks like the real deal, and I'm not impressed with the F2 field. Unless one of them improves dramatically next year - or a fellow rookie proves very quick - I think Norris has a great chance. The question is whether he'll be able to dominate like Leclerc or not.


Norris has a bigger jump to make though. Rookie's hardly ever stand out at the F2/GP2 level. I think Leclerc is the exception.

Will also be very interesting to see what Mercedes do with George Russell.

Vandoorne and Giovinazzi in recent years finished as runners-up as rookies, Giovinazzi straight from F3.

I would imagine that Russell will do F2 and go up against Norris, should make an interesting comparison.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: Currently 14th

Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fiki, foolishyouth, Google Adsense [Bot], JN23, mas, mikeyg123, Siao7, UnlikeUday and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group