planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm 

Does anyone know if the red button features on Sky will be available on Virgin Media? I know they were working on their red button coverage I while back for the football but I've not heard anything for the F1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm 

I'm with VM and pretty sure the sky red button functionality will not be available to us, just like HD. Far from ideal, but at least its available live though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm 

Why do sky need a red button channel? Just looking at the Sky f1 Channel for Sunday..... They replay the race 3 times and show highlights of the race 3 times on the same day!
Infact, they've done nothing but repeat the same thing every few hours the past few days.
Just seems daft having a channel reapeating the same thing 6 times in one day, I suppose it wont be too bad when the GP2/GP3 starts....
But yeah, why do they need a red button channel?????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 pm 

It's not a channel its for the interactive stuff such as on board cameras during race.

Can't see why not. I pay for this bloody channel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 am 

On closer inspection it seems only Tivo customers get the red button features. I need to phone them for that, but I already pay a fortune to them. It would cost another fiver a month to get Tivo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm 

It seems I was wrong, virgin anounced they are adding it on 2nd march, i checked last night on sky sports one and it was there and working. I hadnt paid much attention to the red button stuff since I thought we couldn't get it, but have since had a look online (when the boss isnt near), and it seems awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm 

dan__ wrote:
It seems I was wrong, virgin anounced they are adding it on 2nd march, i checked last night on sky sports one and it was there and working. I hadnt paid much attention to the red button stuff since I thought we couldn't get it, but have since had a look online (when the boss isnt near), and it seems awesome.

Dan, Is it Tivo you've got?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:47 pm 

pmiller111283 wrote:
dan__ wrote:

yeah, the sky sports package through virgin Tivo box. just hoping the hd feed will be available at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 pm 

dan__ wrote:
pmiller111283 wrote:
dan__ wrote:

yeah, the sky sports package through virgin Tivo box. just hoping the hd feed will be available at some point.

I've just got ordinary VM. Might have to phone them to get Tivo but its an extra fiver a month. With everything in i'm paying a small fortune to them

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm 

pmiller111283 wrote:
dan__ wrote:
pmiller111283 wrote:
dan__ wrote:

I've just got ordinary VM. Might have to phone them to get Tivo but its an extra fiver a month. With everything in i'm paying a small fortune to them

We got the Tivo box for free when joined virgin last year. It could be worth having a look if there are any offers on, or threaten to leave for sky because they give sky plus hd box away for free. You never know, they may just upgrade you for free if you're paying them a fair bit each month just to keep you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 pm 

Yeah we've got a tivo and a vhd in another room. The vhd ones wont get it as its not really red button at all. It's a standard tivo app basically. The same ones they use in the states.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 pm 

Just checked and there is a working red button on skysports1 (tennis games at the moment) so I presume the F1 channel should also have working red button. I don't have TiVo.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm 

pmiller111283 wrote:
On closer inspection it seems only Tivo customers get the red button features. I need to phone them for that, but I already pay a fortune to them. It would cost another fiver a month to get Tivo.

I pay £3, I bet if you phone them you could do a deal???

Tivo is well worth the bit extra. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 pm 

Pot Noodle wrote:
pmiller111283 wrote:

I pay £3, I bet if you phone them you could do a deal???

Tivo is well worth the bit extra. :thumbup:

Agreed - Tivo's very good. Although the VHD interface is a fair bit faster