Listen live on Radio 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Follow live text on the internet 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Watch BBC highlights on Sunday afternoon 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
Watch in a pub or friends house 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Watch via a dodgy live stream 36%  36%  [ 19 ]
Download a recording of the live broadcast via torrents etc.. 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm 

I'm stuck with the BBC for the time being, but giving consideration to sky go as a temp measure. Just about to move so full sky isnt an option.... yet ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:30 am 

I would choose dodgy stream but I expect will be impossible to find one. given that any forum will ban discussion of them.

so chose download via torrent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am 

jamei wrote:
chilli_boy3 wrote:
watching it on free to air ONE HD australia :D

Maybe a stream of that would be less naughty than a stream of something you have to pay for?

if you want to you can try streaming off the channel's site onehd.com.au
just dont tell too many people :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 pm 

I will probably watch a stream, but not a dodgy one. There are a few overseas TV companies that legally stream the race live, so I'm hoping to use a proxy or VPN to catch one of them.

My work laptop often thinks its in Germany, so I might be able to get the online RTL stream.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 pm 

Having just got next weeks Radio Times, the BBC will do me fine for the foreseeable future. No way would I get up in the early hours to watch fly-away races live but I will check the Internet for the results when I do get up. I slightly prefer knowing the result before watching the race, so Sunday 14.00 to 16.00 suits me down to the ground. I can easily afford Sky but I don't want to. I just downloaded and printed a schedule of all the BBC coverage for F1 2012 (including exact timings) from the BBC F1 site. On the Sky F1 site it was all flash, bang, wallop with Brundle wittering on video but no proper information about coverage and timings for the year. I also object to having to buy all the Sky Sports channels just to get Sky F1. I'm not saying that I hate football and rugby etc but... Well OK, I am saying that... When the BBC coverage finishes, as it surely will, I might pay say £10 per month for Sky F1 but no more and I won't have the other Sky Sports channels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm 

I've always had Sky for the football and boxing anyway so will get the F1 Channel for nowt!

Feel sorry for genuine fans who will not recieve the channel- theres constant features on, i think it will really improve the overall F1 coverage that we are used to!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 pm 

I have a channel called Setanta which I think will be showing it live with BBC commentary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 pm 

Hi, I know this has been done to death over winter, but does anyone know if it is possible to watch free practice on the Astra 1 satellite? I have picked up RTL (for my F1 qualy and race fix!) but RTL doesn't broadcast fp1 or fp2. Are there any other channels available? How do I get TF1? Thanks!