It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:12 pm 

slide wrote:
matzy wrote:
sugarkay wrote:
He simply loved racing and that always came through. The drivers adore him. I also remember he often stuck up for Schumacher when the British press gave him a hard time.

Watching the Senna-Prost-Mansell era with Murray Walker and James Hunt was just great. They are some of my all time favourite F1 moments.

basically it ;)

The Murray/Hunt commentary pairing was something to behold. I was watching some old footage the other day, with them commentating, and I just forgot quite how much life it injected into the races.

.......they didn't always see eye to eye -many times hunt would give his honest opinion about current F1 drivers , and murray would change subject quick, with no comment -he did it with patrasse, and there were more but i can't remember right now-and hunt always gave credit to the drivers where it was do- he did in the early days of senna's F1 career - now i did like hunt as a comentator- he was brutily honest

that is what I loved about the pairing. There is another thread on this forum talking about DC/MB pairing, and I said that one of the reasons I only thought it was an "ok" partnership rather than a "great" one was because they just seem to hold the same opinions on almost everything. You get the best commentary when the pairing dont see eye to eye.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:35 pm 

Love, Passion & Determination.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm 

"Alain Prost can see Nigel Mansell in his earphones". Need I say more?