planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
A Polish Oil company PKN Orlen is prepared to sponsor Kubica for $10 million if he gets the nod.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/kubica-boost-2019-williams-seat/

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
UnlikeUday wrote:
A Polish Oil company PKN Orlen is prepared to sponsor Kubica for $10 million if he gets the nod.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/kubica-boost-2019-williams-seat/

That must be the $10M we have been hearing that Kubica has available in sponsorship money?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
A Polish Oil company PKN Orlen is prepared to sponsor Kubica for $10 million if he gets the nod.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/kubica-boost-2019-williams-seat/

That must be the $10M we have been hearing that Kubica has available in sponsorship money?


True, otherwise his total sponsorship would be $20 million!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 149
This is your next McLaren driver: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyHedonisti ... mmendation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6074
Location: Michigan, USA
CC78AMG wrote:

Doesn't the other guy start it by turning into Norris?

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3063
Exediron wrote:
CC78AMG wrote:

Doesn't the other guy start it by turning into Norris?


Exactly. If only there was a little steering wheel icon towards the bottom of the screen that displayed Lando's inputs. One that, I don't know, shows us that he turns about 45 degrees to the right to take the corner immediately before the guy on his left cuts right across the track and into the side of him. If only...

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Last edited by Jenson's Understeer on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
Apart from the 2019 F1 calendar being released, the date for the 2 pre-season tests at Barcelona have also been released.

- Testing will take place from February 18th to 21st and from February 26th to March 1st.

https://formulaspy.com/formula-1/f1-pre-season-testing-dates-calendar-confirmed-57097

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm
Posts: 398
Location: York, United Kingdom.
UnlikeUday wrote:
Apart from the 2019 F1 calendar being released, the date for the 2 pre-season tests at Barcelona have also been released.

- Testing will take place from February 18th to 21st and from February 26th to March 1st.

https://formulaspy.com/formula-1/f1-pre-season-testing-dates-calendar-confirmed-57097


Wish testing would take place at a circuit not used during the season.

_________________
#LH44 Hammer time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3063
Olli Rowland is testing for Nissan in FE today, which I'd take as a firm hint that Alex Albon now definitely has other commitments. Wouldn't shock me if he is confirmed at Toro Rosso for next year as soon as this weekend.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 am
Posts: 1983
Kubica in the Williams would be good long term as let's face it Ocon/Russell will only be marking time waiting for the call up.

_________________
Kimi: "Come on, get the McLaren out of the way!”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
mas wrote:
Kubica in the Williams would be good long term as let's face it Ocon/Russell will only be marking time waiting for the call up.

Russell is going to be as long term as Kubica would be.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 am
Posts: 1983
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

_________________
Kimi: "Come on, get the McLaren out of the way!”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.


Russell will override Ocon for Mercedes seat in 2020?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6074
Location: Michigan, USA
UnlikeUday wrote:
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

Russell will override Ocon for Mercedes seat in 2020?

If he's quick enough, yes. There has to be a reason they didn't put Ocon in the car already instead of extending Bottas' contract, and that reason is presumably because they're unconvinced of Ocon as a genuine Hamilton replacement in the future - if he's still fundamentally going to be a #2, there's no reason to replace Bottas. If they decide that Russel can truly be their next superstar in the post-Lewis era, it makes sense to get him into that car instead of Ocon.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 459
Location: Stratford
UnlikeUday wrote:
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.


Everyone's favourite Sky commentator said yesterday to not expect Stroll to be announced until after Abu Dhabi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7518
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.


Everyone's favourite Sky commentator said yesterday to not expect Stroll to be announced until after Abu Dhabi.

Can't see the point in waiting when everyone already knows, inside and outside of the paddock.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.


Everyone's favourite Sky commentator said yesterday to not expect Stroll to be announced until after Abu Dhabi.

Can't see the point in waiting when everyone already knows, inside and outside of the paddock.


As if they fear backlash from fans?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

That's simply not the plan though, Russell has been parked at Williams for the next 2 to 3 years.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
Exediron wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

Russell will override Ocon for Mercedes seat in 2020?

If he's quick enough, yes. There has to be a reason they didn't put Ocon in the car already instead of extending Bottas' contract, and that reason is presumably because they're unconvinced of Ocon as a genuine Hamilton replacement in the future - if he's still fundamentally going to be a #2, there's no reason to replace Bottas. If they decide that Russel can truly be their next superstar in the post-Lewis era, it makes sense to get him into that car instead of Ocon.

Ocon had only done one full completed season of F1 when they extended Bottas' contract, one season were he looked quite good but nevertheless got beat by Perez, it was too soon for Ocon.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.


Everyone's favourite Sky commentator said yesterday to not expect Stroll to be announced until after Abu Dhabi.

Can't see the point in waiting when everyone already knows, inside and outside of the paddock.

Perhaps it's simply to give Stroll a bit more air time, give the impression he's a bit of a star with us all waiting with bated breath?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3063
pokerman wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Checo confirmed at Force India!



https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139460/perez-extends-force-india-contract-for-2019

Wonder why Lance wasn't announced as well? It's the inevitable & Ocon knows it as well.


Everyone's favourite Sky commentator said yesterday to not expect Stroll to be announced until after Abu Dhabi.

Can't see the point in waiting when everyone already knows, inside and outside of the paddock.

Perhaps it's simply to give Stroll a bit more air time, give the impression he's a bit of a star with us all waiting with bated breath?


He's driving the slowest car on the grid. The most he's going to achieve with that car is something like Japan, where he got into Q2 in difficult conditions, or a minor points finish in a race with a fair bit of attrition. Neither of which are going to lead anyone to suggest he's a bit of a star.

At this point I can only assume it's something contract or sponsor related. There isn't any other reason to wait.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 am
Posts: 1983
pokerman wrote:
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

That's simply not the plan though, Russell has been parked at Williams for the next 2 to 3 years.

Same plan football teams have when a valuable player is nearer the end of his current contract, renew to increase the resale value. They will probably do the same with Ocon if they pick him as well, Mercedes will be forced to buy out the contract if they want either early.

_________________
Kimi: "Come on, get the McLaren out of the way!”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
mas wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

That's simply not the plan though, Russell has been parked at Williams for the next 2 to 3 years.

Same plan football teams have when a valuable player is nearer the end of his current contract, renew to increase the resale value. They will probably do the same with Ocon if they pick him as well, Mercedes will be forced to buy out the contract if they want either early.

Ocon himself only wants a 1 year contract with Williams and that would be the case for Mercedes as well.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3063
mas wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mas wrote:
Not if Russell proves to be a star, then he could replace Bottas in 2020.

p.s. yes Mercedes would buy out his contract to do so.

That's simply not the plan though, Russell has been parked at Williams for the next 2 to 3 years.

Same plan football teams have when a valuable player is nearer the end of his current contract, renew to increase the resale value. They will probably do the same with Ocon if they pick him as well, Mercedes will be forced to buy out the contract if they want either early.


Since you've used football teams as a reference, when a player is on loan from one football team to another, the team he's on loan from will generally have a clause in the contract which allows them to recall him, thus terminating the loan without any cost. No chance Mercedes are going to loan a driver to another team and then put themselves in a situation where they actually have to pay the other team to recall that driver.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
Toto Wolff has said he can almost but guarantee Ocon will be in a competitive car in 2020. However, he's not specified Mercedes but has said there would be many teams interested in him.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3083/ocon-guaranteed-to-be-in-a-good-car-in-2020/

Either he doesn't want to shackle Bottas already about his 2020 plans with Ocon or Toto will place him in a good team but wonder how will it lead to fruitation!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 318
UnlikeUday wrote:
Toto Wolff has said he can almost but guarantee Ocon will be in a competitive car in 2020. However, he's not specified Mercedes but has said there would be many teams interested in him.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3083/ocon-guaranteed-to-be-in-a-good-car-in-2020/

Either he doesn't want to shackle Bottas already about his 2020 plans with Ocon or Toto will place him in a good team but wonder how will it lead to fruitation!


The only competitive seat for 2020 that Toto can guarantee for Ocon is Mercedes, at least while he is bound by their contract.

This seems a not so subtle way of saying that Bittas has one more year unless he performs exceptionally in 2019.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 am
Posts: 692
The boss of (Not So Rich) Energy was apparently seen talking to Claire Williams in Austin (there's a picture of them on one of the Autosport forums) presumably to do with a sponsorship deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
The first tate when Lance will get of the Force India car is at the Abu Dhabi test. Otmar said the team are in no hurry to announce formally about Lance coming over as they want Ocon to make a plan & decide his thing as a form of respect.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139559/stroll-set-for-force-india-run-in-abu-dhabi-test

After seeing Stroll's another amateur crash into Alonso, that just adds to my worries about him joining FI next year. Nowhere close will next year's lineup be when compared to last year or this year even.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
owenmahamilton wrote:
The boss of (Not So Rich) Energy was apparently seen talking to Claire Williams in Austin (there's a picture of them on one of the Autosport forums) presumably to do with a sponsorship deal.

The Rich Energy deal relates to Williams then being able to sign Ocon.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
UnlikeUday wrote:
Toto Wolff has said he can almost but guarantee Ocon will be in a competitive car in 2020. However, he's not specified Mercedes but has said there would be many teams interested in him.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3083/ocon-guaranteed-to-be-in-a-good-car-in-2020/

Either he doesn't want to shackle Bottas already about his 2020 plans with Ocon or Toto will place him in a good team but wonder how will it lead to fruitation!

Apparently it's become a thing about how many cars Stroll can pass on the first lap something his Father Lawrence is proud of, with Alonso I guess we got to see the dive bomb technique that he uses.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2616
Location: Finland
pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
The boss of (Not So Rich) Energy was apparently seen talking to Claire Williams in Austin (there's a picture of them on one of the Autosport forums) presumably to do with a sponsorship deal.

The Rich Energy deal relates to Williams then being able to sign Ocon.

As much as I rate Ocon, I'd rather see Kubica take the remaining seat, if just to see how he would be able to perform, because I don't think we would see him ever back in F1 if he doesn't get this drive now.

As for Ocon, I don't know if it would be that bad for him to spend one year as Mercedes' reserve driver and then replace Bottas. That seat at Williams would be a step down from Force India anyway so what would he gain by going there for one year, if the end goal is to get to Mercedes anyway.

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
froze wrote:
pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
The boss of (Not So Rich) Energy was apparently seen talking to Claire Williams in Austin (there's a picture of them on one of the Autosport forums) presumably to do with a sponsorship deal.

The Rich Energy deal relates to Williams then being able to sign Ocon.

As much as I rate Ocon, I'd rather see Kubica take the remaining seat, if just to see how he would be able to perform, because I don't think we would see him ever back in F1 if he doesn't get this drive now.

As for Ocon, I don't know if it would be that bad for him to spend one year as Mercedes' reserve driver and then replace Bottas. That seat at Williams would be a step down from Force India anyway so what would he gain by going there for one year, if the end goal is to get to Mercedes anyway.

I have mixed feelings on it, Kubica pre-injury would walk into most teams, now he's having to buy a seat, logic would suggest he's not the same driver that he was, I guess it would be nice to see the evidence for ourselves?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 459
Location: Stratford
froze wrote:
pokerman wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
The boss of (Not So Rich) Energy was apparently seen talking to Claire Williams in Austin (there's a picture of them on one of the Autosport forums) presumably to do with a sponsorship deal.

The Rich Energy deal relates to Williams then being able to sign Ocon.

As much as I rate Ocon, I'd rather see Kubica take the remaining seat, if just to see how he would be able to perform, because I don't think we would see him ever back in F1 if he doesn't get this drive now.

As for Ocon, I don't know if it would be that bad for him to spend one year as Mercedes' reserve driver and then replace Bottas. That seat at Williams would be a step down from Force India anyway so what would he gain by going there for one year, if the end goal is to get to Mercedes anyway.


He'd gain another year's experience. Going straight into a probably front running Merc in 2020 after not having raced for a year wouldn't be ideal I don't think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 3454
UnlikeUday wrote:
The first tate when Lance will get of the Force India car is at the Abu Dhabi test. Otmar said the team are in no hurry to announce formally about Lance coming over as they want Ocon to make a plan & decide his thing as a form of respect.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139559/stroll-set-for-force-india-run-in-abu-dhabi-test

After seeing Stroll's another amateur crash into Alonso, that just adds to my worries about him joining FI next year. Nowhere close will next year's lineup be when compared to last year or this year even.


You should be very worried. It will be interesting to see how far ahead Perez is though. It will raise more eyebrows but I think we already know Perez is going to destroy him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6074
Location: Michigan, USA
kleefton wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
The first tate when Lance will get of the Force India car is at the Abu Dhabi test. Otmar said the team are in no hurry to announce formally about Lance coming over as they want Ocon to make a plan & decide his thing as a form of respect.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139559/stroll-set-for-force-india-run-in-abu-dhabi-test

After seeing Stroll's another amateur crash into Alonso, that just adds to my worries about him joining FI next year. Nowhere close will next year's lineup be when compared to last year or this year even.


You should be very worried. It will be interesting to see how far ahead Perez is though. It will raise more eyebrows but I think we already know Perez is going to destroy him.

I think if you took a poll of all F1 fans, 99% would expect Perez to beat Stroll. The only question is by how much.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: Mumbai, India
INteresting interview with Doornbos. He says Mercedes wouldn't mind replacing Bottas with Ocon as early as 2019 as Bottas always has a gap to Hamilton & he dissapointed in the last race as well. Mercedes really want Ocon!
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mercedes/news/mercedes-could-oust-bottas-for-ocon-doornbos_339366.html

Still don't think Bottas will be replaced already in 2019 but 2020, yes!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
UnlikeUday wrote:
INteresting interview with Doornbos. He says Mercedes wouldn't mind replacing Bottas with Ocon as early as 2019 as Bottas always has a gap to Hamilton & he dissapointed in the last race as well. Mercedes really want Ocon!
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mercedes/news/mercedes-could-oust-bottas-for-ocon-doornbos_339366.html

Still don't think Bottas will be replaced already in 2019 but 2020, yes!

Me neither as Bottas has a firm contract for 2019 and he has contributed to the Mercedes success this year, however it does build up a head of steam for Ocon to Mercedes in 2020.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3063
pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
INteresting interview with Doornbos. He says Mercedes wouldn't mind replacing Bottas with Ocon as early as 2019 as Bottas always has a gap to Hamilton & he dissapointed in the last race as well. Mercedes really want Ocon!
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mercedes/news/mercedes-could-oust-bottas-for-ocon-doornbos_339366.html

Still don't think Bottas will be replaced already in 2019 but 2020, yes!

Me neither as Bottas has a firm contract for 2019 and he has contributed to the Mercedes success this year, however it does build up a head of steam for Ocon to Mercedes in 2020.


I would be absolutely astonished if Mercedes dropped Bottas now. Aside from the fact they already signed him to an extension, dropping him now would basically mean he either has to return to Williams or be out of F1 in 2019, and I just can't see Mercedes doing that to him. Aside from the fact that there is no guarantee Ocon would be an improvement, it would be incredibly harsh to put Bottas in that situation when he has basically jumped through every hoop the team has asked him to. It would reflect really, really poorly on Mercedes as a team to drop him for 2019, and at least from an F1-standpoint, would represent a bit of a PR disaster.

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 28396
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
INteresting interview with Doornbos. He says Mercedes wouldn't mind replacing Bottas with Ocon as early as 2019 as Bottas always has a gap to Hamilton & he dissapointed in the last race as well. Mercedes really want Ocon!
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/mercedes/news/mercedes-could-oust-bottas-for-ocon-doornbos_339366.html

Still don't think Bottas will be replaced already in 2019 but 2020, yes!

Me neither as Bottas has a firm contract for 2019 and he has contributed to the Mercedes success this year, however it does build up a head of steam for Ocon to Mercedes in 2020.


I would be absolutely astonished if Mercedes dropped Bottas now. Aside from the fact they already signed him to an extension, dropping him now would basically mean he either has to return to Williams or be out of F1 in 2019, and I just can't see Mercedes doing that to him. Aside from the fact that there is no guarantee Ocon would be an improvement, it would be incredibly harsh to put Bottas in that situation when he has basically jumped through every hoop the team has asked him to. It would reflect really, really poorly on Mercedes as a team to drop him for 2019, and at least from an F1-standpoint, would represent a bit of a PR disaster.

Indeed and given Bottas' acceptance of team orders what would be Ocon's stance be on that given the treatment of Bottas?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group