planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
Stroll & his partners also now have the careers of over 400 people in their hands.

I'm not convinced his consortium bought FI just as a toy for Lance to play with. Well I sincerely hope not anyway. F1 is becoming too big a joke as it is without this happening.

Yeah. If they're serious businessmen (going by their past records, they've become successful through their ventures), they'd not put Lance in 1 of the seats. What's the point of investing good when 1 driver won't deliver a good output. Infact, if they stick with Checo & Ocon, I see the team being best of the rest atleast as I'm expecting a good funding to this team from the consortium's pockets!

It's hard to get a handle on how good or bad stroll is.

After next season, we shall know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:36 pm 

Altair wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
Stroll & his partners also now have the careers of over 400 people in their hands.

I'm not convinced his consortium bought FI just as a toy for Lance to play with. Well I sincerely hope not anyway. F1 is becoming too big a joke as it is without this happening.

Yeah. If they're serious businessmen (going by their past records, they've become successful through their ventures), they'd not put Lance in 1 of the seats. What's the point of investing good when 1 driver won't deliver a good output. Infact, if they stick with Checo & Ocon, I see the team being best of the rest atleast as I'm expecting a good funding to this team from the consortium's pockets!

Yeah but at the expense of Ocon or Checo? Unless, either get a good drive somewhere else then it's ok to see Stroll in 1 pf the seats!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Altair wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:

Yeah but at the expense of Ocon or Checo? Unless, either get a good drive somewhere else then it's ok to see Stroll in 1 pf the seats!

The reality is there are only 20 seats available in formula 1, and at the end of the day, it's a numbers game.

Lets put it this way, there was a chance that FI folded and went the way of Manor, and two more drivers would be out of a F1 job, along with 400 staff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:32 am 

I'm interested in what the rest of Stroll's investment group think about the conflict of interest. I'm sure they're aware that the business they've just invested in will have a pivotally placed employee who can effectively never be fired (Stroll jr), I wonder if that conversation has been had.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:37 am 

veffy wrote:
I'm interested in what the rest of Stroll's investment group think about the conflict of interest. I'm sure they're aware that the business they've just invested in will have a pivotally placed employee who can effectively never be fired (Stroll jr), I wonder if that conversation has been had.

Still we aren't aware of the details of the consortium & their goals & investments into the team. Hopefully Stroll Jr. isn't one of their BIG goals.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
veffy wrote:

Still we aren't aware of the details of the consortium & their goals & investments into the team. Hopefully Stroll Jr. isn't one of their BIG goals.

Do you really think there's any chance Lawrence Stroll will continue to pay Williams the tens of millions they want to allow Lance to drive for them when he can now get him a seat maybe for free?

The money he saves on buying Lance a seat at Williams will help him recover his investment costs at FI.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 pm 

veffy wrote:

They are all close buddies of the Strolls. It is really all about the career of Stroll Jr, all else is illusion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:45 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
veffy wrote:

They are all close buddies of the Strolls. It is really all about the career of Stroll Jr, all else is illusion.

Could be. Maybe the others will use F1 as a marketing tool for their respective brands.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:45 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Super-TROLL F1 Team

Stroll is actually not that bad, and while he had some bad races he is a superstar compared to Sirotkin.

Remembering Sirotkin is a rookie they're pretty similar.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm 

So Ecclestone did play a part in saving Force India:
https://www.pitpass.com/62611/Ecclestone-helped-broker-Force-India-deal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:12 am 

Idk but that seems like Ecclestone making himself sound like he had some involvement but I’m not so sure he had anything at all to do with anything here.